+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

14 months and still waiting

bill_x01

Jun 2, 2024
AOR in April 2023 express entry via OINP (Tech)

Medicals and Biometrics passed on tracker. Background and Eligibility are in progress. Have been in progress since December.

I submitted my application with a bank statement of about 100,000 CAD which is way more than the required amount. About 17,000 CAD for couples if I remember correctly.

I do remote freelance work for several companies in addition to my regular local job which does not pay much or justify that bank statment - the job I listed on my application.

In March 2024 they asked ADR for paystubs from my regular company for the duration in which I worked there. This got me thinking whether my large bank statement is the issue holding my application back.

I sent the paystubs and it's under review. Should I have sent extra supporting documents (e.g freelance contracts) that would justify that bank statment even if they didn't ask?
Am I just being paranoid?

More details from call with agent
- criminality: done
- security: done
- info sharing: done
- background: partially completed. Agent explains background is divided into 2 and outsourced to 2 agencies. 1 of them is done and the other is still in progress.
- eligibility: under review