+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10 Days short of 2 years of foreign experience.

vineeth321

Jul 31, 2024
I have got my ITA today. In my profile I said that I have 2 years of foreign work experience. But I just realized that I have 10 days less. Canada experience I have got full one year exact.

What should I do? Will they let it slide because foreign 1 year experience or 2 year experience both have same points?

Please help me as this ITA is my only hope I lost my job in Canada, my work permit is going to expire.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
If you're short, then you're short. You don't have two years.

If the points allotted are the same for one or two years then you have no issue. Be upfront and honest (an alien concept to many) and send a webform or message to explain that you miscalculated your foreign work experience and are ten days short of the two years, so please amend to one year of foreign work experience.

If, as you say, it makes no difference to the points, then you have nothing to lose.

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
Could you please share how many points you got for Canadian one year? How is it calculated? I got just 40 points for one year+11 months Canadian full time experience. I'd appreciate your inputs.

vineeth321

Jul 31, 2024

If the points allotted are the same for one or two years then you have no issue. Be upfront and honest (an alien concept to many) and send a webform or message to explain that you miscalculated your foreign work experience and are ten days short of the two years, so please amend to one year of foreign work experience.

If, as you say, it makes no difference to the points, then you have nothing to lose.
Thank you for your input that helps a lot.

vineeth321

Jul 31, 2024
Could you please share how many points you got for Canadian one year? How is it calculated? I got just 40 points for one year+11 months Canadian full time experience. I'd appreciate your inputs.
I got 38 points for 1 year or 2 years of foreign experience.

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
I have no idea how the points system works, I've got 40 for 1 years and 9 months full time Canadian experience, and 25 for 7 years foreign full time experience.

I got 38 points for 1 year or 2 years of foreign experience.

vineeth321

Jul 31, 2024
I have no idea how the points system works, I've got 40 for 1 years and 9 months full time Canadian experience, and 25 for 7 years foreign full time experience.
I have got 53 points for canadian experience of 1 year. May be age a factor.

Sonu2024

Aug 25, 2024

As per the express entry profil it looks like year of experience is calculating based on months not exact days. Can you pls advise