+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year Ontario college certificate from conestoga college. Please advise!

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Hello, Forum members

I am from India and seeking advise from experienced forum members. I am planning 1 year PG Diploma from Conestoga college and have been accepted for May 2014 Intake,I have not submitted college fee or GIC as if now as I am seeking for education loan from SBI as I have been refused by other banks for education loan to PG Diploma course, SBI says I need to get Accreditation letter from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi and then with required formalities they can get my loan application processed. I went to AIU, spoke to them and they told me to get letter for accreditation request from SBI and the guy I spoke with started scaring me regarding course I am applying for, he said after completing this course if I come back to India I will have to take equivalency certificate from them to get my education recognized in India and they won't do it as these courses are not eligible so that means if I come back to India my education abroad is waste of money and time for me. Until now it's all okay with me as I am not looking to come back and I want myself to be working in Canada after my studies and get settle down.I have following questions mentioned below from members, please advise best I'll be thankful to you guys.

1. I have clear information that after 1 year of Global Management studies I get 1 year of PGWP. So, I am sure I can work there until May 2016 as my studies will be over in May 2015.Could anyone please advise what are the chances of extending Visa after 1 year if I do not get job in my studies filed or my job doesn't fall under NOC O,A,B categories? as I guess after 1 year of studies even if we get job that will be entry level until we have exceptional skills and luck for sure.
2. Suppose I am working in different field other then my studies but my employer would like to extend my employment. can employer get LMO for me and help me extend my work permit after 1 year?
3. My consultant also says that Conestoga College offers an option to students where student can work for 4 months after 1 year of studies and then can get lateral entry in last semester for some other related course and pay fee of around $5500 for last semester , then study again for 5-6 months and student will be eligible to get 3 year of PGWP as his/her studies will be considered for 2 years. Does that make any sense? or can anybody please highlight if there are any such options?
4. What are the job prospectus after Global Business Management after 1 year of studies? and also How much one can earn working part time while studies and full time while vacations? Do we have enough part time jobs available nearby in Doon campus, Kitchner, Ontario? or is there any way to start working once you land in Canada? I know that not legal before 6 month and even after 6 months I can work for 20 Hr's while college and full time while vacations but still is there anyway to do so? and is that recommended?
5. What are the monthly expenses? and how much one can earn working part time or after studies full time as I will be under my education loan so I would like to pay of my loan ASAP. I am sure initially it will be hard to survive but I would like to understand what kind of opportunities are there in Canada, financially and socially.
6. I would have no more money then my tuition fee that is for $13,200 and GIC for $10,000 and somewhere about $2000 for personal expenses initially. Is that enough to survive for 1 year even if I do not get or would not like to work part time while studying?
7. How easy is to earn and pay off my liabilities after I complete my studies in Canada?

Guys I hope people on this forum can understand what kind of questions I am going through and I would like to understand if moving to Canada will be benefit for me in long run after struggling for some years. My vision is to get free life that I struggle to see in India and better opportunities for me.

My profile is screwed up even I am not sure if I will be getting Visa but I would like to apply if I get satisfactory answers and I make up my mind to move forward with this and if my Visa get rejected that's all luck, I'll accept it!
My Profile:
Education: 12th in 2004
B.Com 2008-2011 correspondence from EIILM universities in one sitting ( I have never been a good student but have also been interested in education and upgrading my skills I have read all subjects In MBA but have no degree and I think myself to be intellectual and positive in any scenario. I plan to study Global business Management to understand International business and get opportunity to meet open minded entrepreneurs in International business field.
ILTES: Overall 6.5-Reading:6/Writing:6/Speaking:6/Listening:8
Work experience: Relevant experience for 22 months Nov 2011 to SEP 2013 with B.P.O as Sales adviser for Canadian Company Talus Telecommunication.
I have been self employed and worked on International projects for U.S.A based clients from India on different projects such as Debt management campaigns, technical support help desk for home computer users and many others for 3-5 years. I am planning to produce my experience certificate to fill my education gap and everything reflects I have good experience in International business project management.
Marital status: single but committed :)

I have to sort out everything soon So guys please advise your best.

Thank you guys!

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
lucasp said:
Hello, Forum members

I am from India and seeking advise from experienced forum members. I am planning 1 year PG Diploma from Conestoga college and have been accepted for May 2014 Intake,I have not submitted college fee or GIC as if now as I am seeking for education loan from SBI as I have been refused by other banks for education loan to PG Diploma course, SBI says I need to get Accreditation letter from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi and then with required formalities they can get my loan application processed. I went to AIU, spoke to them and they told me to get letter for accreditation request from SBI and the guy I spoke with started scaring me regarding course I am applying for, he said after completing this course if I come back to India I will have to take equivalency certificate from them to get my education recognized in India and they won't do it as these courses are not eligible so that means if I come back to India my education abroad is waste of money and time for me. Until now it's all okay with me as I am not looking to come back and I want myself to be working in Canada after my studies and get settle down.I have following questions mentioned below from members, please advise best I'll be thankful to you guys.

1. I have clear information that after 1 year of Global Management studies I get 1 year of PGWP. So, I am sure I can work there until May 2016 as my studies will be over in May 2015.Could anyone please advise what are the chances of extending Visa after 1 year if I do not get job in my studies filed or my job doesn't fall under NOC O,A,B categories? as I guess after 1 year of studies even if we get job that will be entry level until we have exceptional skills and luck for sure.
2. Suppose I am working in different field other then my studies but my employer would like to extend my employment. can employer get LMO for me and help me extend my work permit after 1 year?
3. My consultant also says that Conestoga College offers an option to students where student can work for 4 months after 1 year of studies and then can get lateral entry in last semester for some other related course and pay fee of around $5500 for last semester , then study again for 5-6 months and student will be eligible to get 3 year of PGWP as his/her studies will be considered for 2 years. Does that make any sense? or can anybody please highlight if there are any such options?
4. What are the job prospectus after Global Business Management after 1 year of studies? and also How much one can earn working part time while studies and full time while vacations? Do we have enough part time jobs available nearby in Doon campus, Kitchner, Ontario? or is there any way to start working once you land in Canada? I know that not legal before 6 month and even after 6 months I can work for 20 Hr's while college and full time while vacations but still is there anyway to do so? and is that recommended?
5. What are the monthly expenses? and how much one can earn working part time or after studies full time as I will be under my education loan so I would like to pay of my loan ASAP. I am sure initially it will be hard to survive but I would like to understand what kind of opportunities are there in Canada, financially and socially.
6. I would have no more money then my tuition fee that is for $13,200 and GIC for $10,000 and somewhere about $2000 for personal expenses initially. Is that enough to survive for 1 year even if I do not get or would not like to work part time while studying?
7. How easy is to earn and pay off my liabilities after I complete my studies in Canada?

Guys I hope people on this forum can understand what kind of questions I am going through and I would like to understand if moving to Canada will be benefit for me in long run after struggling for some years. My vision is to get free life that I struggle to see in India and better opportunities for me.

My profile is screwed up even I am not sure if I will be getting Visa but I would like to apply if I get satisfactory answers and I make up my mind to move forward with this and if my Visa get rejected that's all luck, I'll accept it!
My Profile:
Education: 12th in 2004
B.Com 2008-2011 correspondence from EIILM universities in one sitting ( I have never been a good student but have also been interested in education and upgrading my skills I have read all subjects In MBA but have no degree and I think myself to be intellectual and positive in any scenario. I plan to study Global business Management to understand International business and get opportunity to meet open minded entrepreneurs in International business field.
ILTES: Overall 6.5-Reading:6/Writing:6/Speaking:6/Listening:8
Work experience: Relevant experience for 22 months Nov 2011 to SEP 2013 with B.P.O as Sales adviser for Canadian Company Talus Telecommunication.
I have been self employed and worked on International projects for U.S.A based clients from India on different projects such as Debt management campaigns, technical support help desk for home computer users and many others for 3-5 years. I am planning to produce my experience certificate to fill my education gap and everything reflects I have good experience in International business project management.
Marital status: single but committed :)

I have to sort out everything soon So guys please advise your best.

Thank you guys!
Bhai itna lamba essay likhega to koi nahi padhega... try to question simple and in short...

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hahaha bhaii keep ur questions short ,,noone ie so free here to answer so long questions. Let me tell u 1 thing, u r thinking too much.....

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Thank you for your advise brother. I've already filled my visa application and waiting...!