+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year of continous working exp with 37.5 hours a week?

lcec

Feb 4, 2010
Hello

Since Jan 2009, I have been working with NOC B level. I got a reference letter from employer regarding this but he said averagely 30 hours a week even though our contract is 40 hours a week. It is because I took off days for vacations and study for my acconting designation.

CEC is specific for full time as 37.5 hours a week. However FSW doesn't mention about it as far as I read CIC website.

Will I be qualifed for 1 year of continuse work if I now apply within Feb 2009?

When I did eligiblity test, I got 75 point so once my application get accepted I won't probably have problem.

Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait until you have the 1950 hours required to count as a one year full time experience. 30 hours a week is considered part time unless you are a live-in caregiver.

lcec

Feb 4, 2010
Thank you for reply

Does that mean FSW also requires 37.5 hours a week like CEC?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration defines full time work as 1950 hours a year, that's 37.5 hours a week on average or 40 hours a week with a 2 week vacation (typical Canadian situation). If you had a letter stating you worked full time for a year, they might not question that but if you have a letter stating a 30 hour average, I think they would definitely consider that part time.

That is in case this is your claim to one year continuous skilled work experience. If you already had a 1 year full time continuous skilled work experience from some time in the past and you are looking for this year in Canada to count as your category 3 requirement only, it would probably be ok if it's not full time.