+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0 score areas of training - Quebec Skilled Worker Program

Farhad_bj

Dec 22, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the new rules of Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration program as follows:

As you may now, some fields of study obtains 0 score in the Quebec immigration assessment unless has been studied in Quebec.

I want to know if anyone for example a metallurgical engineer with 0 mark for "the field of study" (but 10 points for the "level of education" and other points which reach up to the required overall score) still has a change to apply for Quebec Skilled worker program or the "Field of study" itself will be considered as the first and main matter which can effect the whole procedure?

Looking forward to hearing your valuable comments by return.

Regards,
Farhad

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
Farhad_bj said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the new rules of Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration program as follows:

As you may now, some fields of study obtains 0 score in the Quebec immigration assessment unless has been studied in Quebec.

I want to know if anyone for example a metallurgical engineer with 0 mark for "the field of study" (but 10 points for the "level of education" and other points which reach up to the required overall score) still has a change to apply for Quebec Skilled worker program or the "Field of study" itself will be considered as the first and main matter which can effect the whole procedure?

Looking forward to hearing your valuable comments by return.

Regards,
Farhad
Hi Farhad_bj,

As far as I know, you must also achieve points for the field of study/training even if you reached up the overall required score.

mtlguy, seniors, any comments?