+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute (Detroit-Windsor) (H1b and Canada PR)

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Yes I plan to carry my Indian passport along w/ Canadian passport just incase.
If officer asks for my Indian passport, only then I would show it, else I plan to only use my Canadian passport.

Regarding Nexus, I plan to do the same.
I would be careful about using Indian passport as you will be digging yourself deeper and deeper in to a hole everytime you use it.

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
Agreed.
I spoke to the border officer and he said just to carry your Canadian passport and NOT the Indian which I will do.
That’s good info. How about the H1B visa stamp and i94 slip that is in Indian passport? Would they ask for it to transfer to Canadian passport?

nkapoor14

Aug 23, 2021
That’s good info. How about the H1B visa stamp and i94 slip that is in Indian passport? Would they ask for it to transfer to Canadian passport?
If you have a valid I797 document; you just need to carry that along with your Canadian passport and they will update your I94. no more visa stamping.

Reactions: bnacanadaus

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
If you have a valid I797 document; you just need to carry that along with your Canadian passport and they will update your I94. no more visa stamping.
Oh for real? You mean I can bring i797 approval notice along with Canadian Passport and they can update i94. And when H1B renews, I don’t need to stamp H1B visa on my Canadian passport like how we used to go to embassy for visa stamping on Indian passport?

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
No.
you need the Canadian passport to renter Canada as e certificate is not a travel document.
I checked this with couple of guys. We can re-enter Canada via land border using printed version of e-certificate and Valid ID (drivers license or health card I assume).