+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa appliction to DC

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Hello,

I sent my TRV (Visitor Visa) application to Washington, DC via mail which was recieved by the embassy on May 6, 2011. I have a H1-B visa scheduled in Toronta, Canada for May 31, 2011 for which I have flights booked for May 29, 2011. BUT, I have not yet recieved my passport with the Canadian visa yet.Would you please advice on how I should proceed. What I want to know is if I have family member visit the embassy in DC, will they process and hand over the passport to them, even if i sent the application in the mail? I need to get the passport before this Friday, which is in the next 5 days. Would you please let me know if the above is an accceptable option, if not, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Thanks. I will do that. Its just that I sent them 2 emails and 1 case specific inquiry and haven't heard back... But I will them with this specific questions. Thanks.

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Hello all, I emailed the embassy with the question but no response yet. I even called them but a person answers the phone and transfers to an automated message. I am not sure what I can do to get one question answered. Will they process and hand over the passport to either me or a family member if we visit the embassy office even when i sent my application in mail.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

brightmind96

Mar 9, 2011
I heard that some offices allow you walk in & talk about your application ( like Buffalo) but some not ( like New York)> I don't know about DC, but if it's reallyyy urgent, you should give a try: come there and explain your situation. I myself had to leave Canada soon but they didn't return my passport! Also, I think Canada Post is on strike, so that may delay the process!!!