+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - I do not have an answer and my clases start on may 6

Gabrielagg

Feb 23, 2024
I applied to my study permit and open work permit for my husband and my application and that of my husband have undergone several changes, I sent it on December 28, 2023, on January 15 I received my biometric validation letter but on January 25 by mistake they returned the money to me and they asked for a replacement payment on February 14th and It was done the same day.
The other situation is that last week my husband's application (Open work permit) changed its eligibility status and they began to review it, there was no change in my application.
Both application are reviewing the background since january and it is not completeyet

My doubts are,

1. Is it normal for my husband's application eligibility to start and not mine?

2. How long does it take to give a response after starting to review eligibility?

3. My processing time starts on December 28 or February 14?

4. Will I have problems with the visa if I start classes on May 6, if the school gave the option to start online?

thanks for your help

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied to my study permit and open work permit for my husband and my application and that of my husband have undergone several changes, I sent it on December 28, 2023, on January 15 I received my biometric validation letter but on January 25 by mistake they returned the money to me and they asked for a replacement payment on February 14th and It was done the same day.
The other situation is that last week my husband's application (Open work permit) changed its eligibility status and they began to review it, there was no change in my application.
Both application are reviewing the background since january and it is not completeyet

My doubts are,

1. Is it normal for my husband's application eligibility to start and not mine?

2. How long does it take to give a response after starting to review eligibility?

3. My processing time starts on December 28 or February 14. What time do I make the payment again?

4. Will I have problems with the visa if I start classes on May 6, if the school gave the option to start online?

thanks for your help
1. Sometimes it happens.
2. Depends on where you are from.
3. Don’t understand question.
4. If you start studies without a permit, then it will not count towards PGWP and possibly Canadian education points.

Gabrielagg

Feb 23, 2024
Thanks for your answer!

My husband is Colombian and I am from Honduras, the application it was sent from Honduras.

About this: If you start studies without a permit, then it will not count towards PGWP and possibly Canadian education points.

I will start from my country, online but I am not sure if it will be a problem to my visa and if I will be able to get PGWP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your answer!

My husband is Colombian and I am from Honduras, the application it was sent from Honduras.

About this: If you start studies without a permit, then it will not count towards PGWP and possibly Canadian education points.

I will start from my country, online but I am not sure if it will be a problem to my visa and if I will be able to get PGWP
Any studies online without a permit will not count towards PGWP. How long is program?

Gabrielagg

Feb 23, 2024
Empezar en línea solo será hasta que me den la aprobación de la visa.

El programa tiene una duración de 2 años.

Me daba inquietud que el status de mi esposo cambiara antes que el mio, siendo yo la aplicante principal, siendo de Honduras, cuanto tiempo uno puede esperar la respuesta de visa despues de ese paso?