+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: AFGHAN Study Permit Applicants Facing Visa Delays and Office Inaction

Iamyouseuf

Dec 8, 2023
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give a heads up to all the Afghan applicants who have applied for a study permit outside of Canada in the past 2 years. It seems like IRCC hasn't issued any visas to Afghan applicants during this time. All the files are stuck in the Abu Dhabi office and they aren't responding to any webforms. This is causing a huge problem for us, leaving us in a very stressful situation.

To make matters worse, universities and colleges only allow up to 2 deferments for studies, and if we exceed that, they say we'll lose the money we've already paid for tuition. Many of us have already paid over $15000, and now this situation is making things even more difficult every single day.

If any of you have applied and actually received your visa, please let us know here. Any helpful advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

halflifechem

Nov 16, 2022
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give a heads up to all the Afghan applicants who have applied for a study permit outside of Canada in the past 2 years. It seems like IRCC hasn't issued any visas to Afghan applicants during this time. All the files are stuck in the Abu Dhabi office and they aren't responding to any webforms. This is causing a huge problem for us, leaving us in a very stressful situation.

To make matters worse, universities and colleges only allow up to 2 deferments for studies, and if we exceed that, they say we'll lose the money we've already paid for tuition. Many of us have already paid over $15000, and now this situation is making things even more difficult every single day.

If any of you have applied and actually received your visa, please let us know here. Any helpful advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
when did you apply?

Apr 26, 2024
Salaam Youseuf jan,

I have a Ph.D. admission with a fully funded package and will apply for a study permit by mid-May 2024. I just wanted to know if you have received your visa or not.