+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for future wife

umbis

Sep 6, 2007
here is my situation...
I am a Canadian Citizen. I want to marry my girlfriend from the Philippines. This is the plan...Have her apply for a TRV, fly to Canada, get married here, and sponsor her as my spouse, and apply for an extension to the TRV, if necessary. From what I understand getting the TRV will be the biggest roadblock. Can she/I use the DUAL INTENT clause in this situation? That is, is dual intent relevant when applying for a TRV? If not, what are my best options to get her a PR visa? I want to try to avoid going there to marry her because of costs and also I've read that it is dangerous for westerners to travel to the Philippines.
Thanks in advance.
Drew Mannen

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umbis said:
here is my situation...
I am a Canadian Citizen. I want to marry my girlfriend from the Philippines. This is the plan...Have her apply for a TRV, fly to Canada, get married here, and sponsor her as my spouse, and apply for an extension to the TRV, if necessary. From what I understand getting the TRV will be the biggest roadblock. Can she/I use the DUAL INTENT clause in this situation? That is, is dual intent relevant when applying for a TRV? If not, what are my best options to get her a PR visa? I want to try to avoid going there to marry her because of costs and also I've read that it is dangerous for westerners to travel to the Philippines.
Thanks in advance.
Drew Mannen
1. Her case the intent is to remain permanently in Canada, therefor dual intent will not apply.
2. Your best option is go to the Philippines and marry, as the chances of her getting a TRV are not very good.

PMM