+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Treble Citizenship

sw33

Apr 5, 2009
Hey all,

No country states it....but...I was born in Britain and have been living in Australia for 10 years. I am now a British and Australian citizen. I have applied for Canadian PR, and am wondering whether it is possible for me to be able to have British, Australian, and Canadian citizenship (once I am able to apply for Canadian citizenship).

If anyone has experience form this or can guide my to documents that include this information I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

sw33

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sw33 said:
Hey all,

No country states it....but...I was born in Britain and have been living in Australia for 10 years. I am now a British and Australian citizen. I have applied for Canadian PR, and am wondering whether it is possible for me to be able to have British, Australian, and Canadian citizenship (once I am able to apply for Canadian citizenship).

If anyone has experience form this or can guide my to documents that include this information I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

sw33
You can have as many as you like, the only hitch is some countries don't allow dual citizenship, such as India, Germany (Germany can be done, but there is a lot of hoops to jump through)

PMM

sw33

Apr 5, 2009
Thanks for that. so UK, Canada and Australia allow dual citizenship...nowhere though states unlimited number of citizenships.

Thanks

sw33

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
There is no distinction between dual and treble citizneship, provided all countries involved allow their citizens to hold another citzenship simultaenously.

Tania

Jul 23, 2009
What about the US? My partner hold both American & Australian citizenship - someone said that he'd have to give up one of them to become a Canadian czn?

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Not true, although US wants you to travel on US passport if you are US citizen.

Ned

Nov 10, 2009
sw33 said:
Hey all,

Cheers

sw33
Yep - you can also be a Canadian citizen. I have quadruple citizenship. British and Irish at birth - Canadian and American by naturalization.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The U.S.A. requires you to ENTER on a U.S. passport. What you use to enter other countries is not really relevant to them. ;)