+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

State police certs

2moms2bc

Star Member
May 1, 2005
Saint Paul, MN
To US citizen applicants: I'd like to hear from anyone regarding their experience with requests for state police certs - or not. From everything I've ever seen it appears as though CIC has the option of requiring only FBI cert. How likely are they to do this? Or am I confused? Might it matter if I've lived in the same place for the past 11 years?

If they DO require it, I will have to get certs from Maryland, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Arizona, Minnesota, the District of Columbia AND Virginia, Alabama, and Georgia if they include places for which I was briefly stationed with the Army. Oy! Obviously I would LOVE to avoid having to deal with 12 states!

Also, any US citizens have experience getting a cert from Germany?

All info most appreciated! Thanks!

Lyoness

Apr 13, 2006
Hi!

My husband is a US Citizen and they told him to only get fingerprints for the places where he's lived continuously for 6 months or greater. So he had to do Nevada, California and then the Federal one.

You also do an extra set for the actual application (so that meant 4 sets total for him). OH and each set requires a passport photo (luckily the place where he went to do his fingerprints took his picture right then and there for him).

Then you have to wait for the results of the police background checks to come back.....oh my! Nevada and California only took about 1-2 months, the Federal one just came in today (April) and we sent it off in January!!

Good luck!! :)

2moms2bc

Star Member
May 1, 2005
Saint Paul, MN
Thanks! Seems everybody has a slightly different experience. Oy! If I have to get them the six month requirement would help - I was in a lot of places temporarily as part of military assignments. Thanks, again!