+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Purpose of Travel document

peebee96

Apr 10, 2024
Hi,

I am applying for my husband's SOWP along with my study permit in Canada from India and I see under the required documents, there is Purpose of Travel with these 3 options
  1. Flight ticket departing Canada
  2. Travel itinerary
  3. Medical appointment
Option 2 seems like the only option for us. I needed help to understand what the travel itinerary document should look like. Can someone share a sample that helped them in getting the SOWP along with study permit.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get!

Lisan Al Gaib

Apr 10, 2024
Hi, I submitted a study permit along with my spouse’s SOWP in March. Based on suggestions from this forum, she wrote a letter stating how long we have been in a relationship and married. Additionally, we touched on what she would be doing in Canada (working) but also providing moral support to myself during my studies.

You don’t need to provide flight ticket or travel itinerary as its not really relevant to SOWP application and more in line with a visit visa.

It’s basically a SOP for your spouse. Link to another thread that has a good explanation: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-owp-supporting-document-purpose-of-travel-other-required.740276/post-9593206

Reactions: Naturgrl

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi, I submitted a study permit along with my spouse’s SOWP in March. Based on suggestions from this forum, she wrote a letter stating how long we have been in a relationship and married. Additionally, we touched on what she would be doing in Canada (working) but also providing moral support to myself during my studies.

You don’t need to provide flight ticket or travel itinerary as its not really relevant to SOWP application and more in line with a visit visa.

It’s basically a SOP for your spouse. Link to another thread that has a good explanation: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-owp-supporting-document-purpose-of-travel-other-required.740276/post-9593206
How long did it take you from application to approval?

peebee96

Apr 10, 2024

Thank you for clarifying! Can you please list the documents that you attached to support your SOP? Did you apply via SDS for both Study permit and SOWP?

Lisan Al Gaib

Apr 10, 2024
Thank you for clarifying! Can you please list the documents that you attached to support your SOP? Did you apply via SDS for both Study permit and SOWP?
We did not attach any supporting documents other than the Purpose of Travel letter signed and dated in pdf format. Although, it wouldn't hurt to attach your LoA or anything you might think that might strengthen your case.

Our application is non-SDS.

peebee96

Apr 10, 2024
We did not attach any supporting documents other than the Purpose of Travel letter signed and dated in pdf format. Although, it wouldn't hurt to attach your LoA or anything you might think that might strengthen your case.

Our application is non-SDS.
Understood, thank you. If you don't mind sharing, which country are you applying from?

Reactions: Lisan Al Gaib