+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some question about 1095 and child benefid

binhu

Sep 2, 2009
i dont understand about 1095 days that apply citizenship. because i cant translate mean " physical presence and basic presence" so i don understand it. i came Canada in end of March 2007 and had PR Card after 1 or 2 months. My PR Card exp Apr 3,2012. Then i came back Vietnam with my girl in June 5, 2008 because economic difficulties, i do not have a job. Now i want to come back Canada in Oct,2009, i go alone, my daughter stay with my mom in Vietnam. i want ask some question and hope everyone can help me.
1/ i know in Canada at least 3 years to apply citizenship but i dont understand 3 years is continuous,not out of date or i can count the days that i lived in Ca before and the days in future. if 3 years is continuous, so the times that i lived in Canada before no effect, am i right?
2/ after i pass test citizenship how long i have a citizenship card and passport Canada

3/ my daughter stay in Vietnam so does she lose her child benefid? i need money give my mom adopted my daughter.
Sorry about my English and wait for reply. thank you everybody

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need 1095 days (3 years) within a 4 year period so because you will have been gone more than a year, you will not be able to make 1095 days counting the time you were in Canada before.

If you stay in Canada this time, you can apply in October 2012. If you leave Canada for vacations, you will have to make up for that time but you can not be outside Canada for more than a year total during the 4 years or you will not be able to apply.

According to http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html where it says:
you must live with the child, and the child must be under the age of 18;
you can not get child benefit anymore when the child is not living with you anymore.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
Leon said:
You need 1095 days (3 years) within a 4 year period so because you will have been gone more than a year, you will not be able to make 1095 days counting the time you were in Canada before.

If you stay in Canada this time, you can apply in October 2012. If you leave Canada for vacations, you will have to make up for that time but you can not be outside Canada for more than a year total during the 4 years or you will not be able to apply.

According to http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html where it says:
you must live with the child, and the child must be under the age of 18;
you can not get child benefit anymore when the child is not living with you anymore.
For citizenship,do I need to stay continously 1095 days or breaks will be allowed? For PR I have to stay 730 days with break to keep my PR, out of total 5 years.
Now for citizenship is this 1095 days within 1st 5 years or in subsequent time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For citizenship, you need total 1095 days within a 4 year period. You can split that up as much as you want but you need total 1095 days in Canada within the past 4 years when you apply.

The PR residency requirements are differen't from the citizenship requirements. Do not mix them up. To keep your PR, you need total 730 days in Canada within the previous 5 years at all times, not just from one PR card to the next.