+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Worker Program

ANew1986

Apr 8, 2024
United Kingdom
Hello

I recently completed the CRS and myself and my Husbands score came back at 471, He is a HGV Driver and looking to work out of the Edmonton area, he also has his City and Guilds Level 3 in Heavy Goods Mechanics, i have researched having the qualification assessed it seems the companies say they cannot guarantee NVQ's, has anybody else had this and managed to get them assessed otherwise his highest education would be secondary and his HGV Class 1 & 2 Licences.

I am currently studying accountancy and i understand this would be irrelevant at the moment on the application.

We have proof of funds for myself, husband and 2 children.

My husband is due to take his English tests next week which i am sure he will pass with no issues.

just seem to be at a loose end with the NVQ........

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I recently completed the CRS and myself and my Husbands score came back at 471, He is a HGV Driver and looking to work out of the Edmonton area, he also has his City and Guilds Level 3 in Heavy Goods Mechanics, i have researched having the qualification assessed it seems the companies say they cannot guarantee NVQ's, has anybody else had this and managed to get them assessed otherwise his highest education would be secondary and his HGV Class 1 & 2 Licences.

I am currently studying accountancy and i understand this would be irrelevant at the moment on the application.

We have proof of funds for myself, husband and 2 children.

My husband is due to take his English tests next week which i am sure he will pass with no issues.

just seem to be at a loose end with the NVQ........

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
All he can do is try WES and see what his NVQs are assessed as. If assessed as higher than you think then try another organization like IQAS. What is his selection score? If he has estimated 471, what are you assessing his levels at?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

Thank you for your reply, its been based on the 3 years study as his course was a 3 year collage course so took it as the below

College Diploma (three years)Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute21

Educational credential assessment (ECA) for Express Entry: What your report means - Canada.ca
So try WES. Not sure how he gets a score of 471. That seems very high with a degree unless he is fluent in French and English.