+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

WillRio

May 1, 2024
The processing time just went down to 51 months. Hopefully it will go down faster. Can we share our waiting time to help each other further understand. Mine is 38 months and when I applied it was 21 months

Last edited:

hoverboard

May 4, 2020
Received Confirmation of Permanent Residency today.
I'm now asked to submit passport and photos.

They also want to include receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
I’m pretty sure I paid this at the beginning along with the application fee.
The CIC receipt doesn’t have any detail on it though - just the amount of $2160 CAD, which was back in Oct 2020.
Does anyone recall the detailed fees from back then?

Also, do we received a stamp in our Passport, or a physical PR card, or both?

Timelines:

Submitted: 2020/10/19
Received AOR: 2021/01/15
Received Biometrics request: 2023/03/23
Submitted Biometrics: 2023/03/27
Medical Request and pre-arrival letter: 2024/04/20
Medical submitted: 2024/04/30
COPR and passport request received: 2024/05/08

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Received Confirmation of Permanent Residency today.
I'm now asked to submit passport and photos.

They also want to include receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
I’m pretty sure I paid this at the beginning along with the application fee.
The CIC receipt doesn’t have any detail on it though - just the amount of $2160 CAD, which was back in Oct 2020.
Does anyone recall the detailed fees from back then?

Also, do we received a stamp in our Passport, or a physical PR card, or both?

Timelines:

Submitted: 2020/10/19
Received AOR: 2021/01/15
Received Biometrics request: 2023/03/23
Submitted Biometrics: 2023/03/27
Medical Request and pre-arrival letter: 2024/04/20
Medical submitted: 2024/04/30
COPR and passport request received: 2024/05/08

congrats mate.

click 2020 fee to find out detailed lists.
if you are outlander, you will get a one time immigrant visa in your passport and CoPR in your country. PR card will be mailed to you once you land in Canada.

BTW, have you not been asked for any ADRs? additional documents requests: like updated forms, or anything?

Last edited:

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Hello everyone, I've just recieved a request to submit photos and passports to my local vfs office. Do you know what happened next? How long do they keep passports? Is it like visa request? I really confused because I have tickets to Portugal for May 24th and I am afraid what I don't recieve my passport back until this date. Fate is playing strange games with me, as soon as I decided to try my luck in other countries besides Canada, my application was quickly considered.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Hello everyone, I've just recieved a request to submit photos and passports to my local vfs office. Do you know what happened next? How long do they keep passports? Is it like visa request? I really confused because I have tickets to Portugal for May 24th and I am afraid what I don't recieve my passport back until this date. Fate is playing strange games with me, as soon as I decided to try my luck in other countries besides Canada, my application was quickly considered.
Congrats! I don't know about your country but I've read for mine that it takes VFS offices around a week or two to stamp visas and get your passport back. Of course, this is not accurate information, just something I've heard.

I think it's best to call them and ask about the timeline? That way you'll know for sure.

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: marina_marina