+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking help for my dissertation

m_hun

Jul 4, 2009
Hungary
Hello,

I would like to write my dissertation about the comparsion of Canadian and Hungarian taxation.

Would someone be so kind to recommend me homepages where I can find Canadian acts and other useful stuffs? E.g.: Leading cases, questions and expert answers, essays, etc. Maybe e-books.

Thank you very much!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Go to the CRA website and start reading. The Tax Act can be downloaded from their site.

I don't know of any books that can distill the entire tax system down to a few chapters. If there were, Law students would be very happy indeed.

You've picked a complex topic, that will require lots of difficult reading. Are you sure you want to embark on this?

Ask yourself what good could come from your thesis. Do you expect to discover concrete ways to improve one legal system or the other? If so, you might have the basis for a good job in Canada as a researcher for the Department of Justice.

m_hun

Jul 4, 2009
Hungary
Thx, Toby!

I know it will be a hard work, but maybe later I can profit: quite much Hungarian live in Canada. There are no sources on my native language for this unexplored issue. But that's also good for me cause the opponent prof. can't find mistakes so easily, he is inexpert in it. :) We have double taxation convention with Canada that I will use as a sketch. That also means only taxes on income and capital.