+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Russian entry stamps

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I have Russian entry stamps in my passport that I am not sure whether to translate or just go the test without translation. Has anyone with Russian entry stamps successfully attended the test and has not been challenged for the lack of translation.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

titosyr

Jan 24, 2015
I think if the numbers are the usual number it doesn't matter!
I have some stamps from Morocco that uses Indian numbers and they needed translation as per CIC officer, and I have some stamps from UAE that uses Arabic (International) numbers and I've been told there is not need to translate them!

Cheers

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
titosyr said:
I have some stamps from Morocco that uses Indian numbers and they needed translation as per CIC officer, and I have some stamps from UAE that uses Arabic (International) numbers and I've been told there is not need to translate them!

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback. The numbers are usual. However, it has the name of a city in Russian only on the stamps.

titosyr

Jan 24, 2015
I don't think it matters
This is many of my friends experience, they just need to see the date so if the date lets say 12-JUL-2013 or 12-07-2013 it will be accepted, but if it is 21-июль-2013 then you need to translate :) very simple ;)

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
titosyr said:

Cheers
Hi
i am just curious how Morocco would use Indian numbers ! could you please give an example ?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
titosyr said:
I don't think it matters
This is many of my friends experience, they just need to see the date so if the date lets say 12-JUL-2013 or 12-07-2013 it will be accepted, but if it is 21-июль-2013 then you need to translate :) very simple ;)
Makes sence. Спасибо:)

titosyr

Jan 24, 2015
abdul560 said:
Hi
i am just curious how Morocco would use Indian numbers ! could you please give an example ?
Hi Abdul,
Many countries uses anceint indian numbers which is called now (eastern Arabic numbers) which is currently used in the Middle East and North Africa I've been to many other countries that use it also like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria...This is the indian numbers: ٠ ١ ٢ ٣ ٤ ٥ ٦ ٧ ٨ ٩
and this is the Arabic (international) are numbers: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Just google Arabic Numbers or check wikipedia :)

Cheers,
Tito
KSA Stamps

Syrian

Egypt:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
titosyr said:
Hi Abdul,
Many countries uses anceint indian numbers which is called now (eastern Arabic numbers) which is currently used in the Middle East and North Africa I've been to many other countries that use it also like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria...This is the indian numbers: ٠ ١ ٢ ٣ ٤ ٥ ٦ ٧ ٨ ٩
and this is the Arabic (international) are numbers: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Just google Arabic Numbers or check wikipedia :)

Cheers,
Tito
KSA Stamps

Syrian

Egypt:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals
Hi titosyr
thanks for getting back to me .i think you missunderstood my question ,i am aware of intenational arabic numbers and idian ones but i do not recall morocco using idian ones .
so pls if you have an example of a moroccan stamp with indian numbers would you pls post it ? still being curious ):

Lunaking

Nov 28, 2014
RussCan said:
I have Russian entry stamps in my passport that I am not sure whether to translate or just go the test without translation. Has anyone with Russian entry stamps successfully attended the test and has not been challenged for the lack of translation.

Thanks for your feedback guys.
I had Russian visas and the officer was just fine with the dates as long as they are in Latin.

titosyr

Jan 24, 2015
abdul560 said:
Hi titosyr
thanks for getting back to me .i think you missunderstood my question ,i am aware of intenational arabic numbers and idian ones but i do not recall morocco using idian ones .
so pls if you have an example of a moroccan stamp with indian numbers would you pls post it ? still being curious ):
Actually the Moroccan stamps on my passport are wearing please the other two are on top of each other!
Ill try to look in my old passport maybe there is something clear!

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what a coincidence. today i took my passport for translation. i have some Arabic stamps. i don't want take the risk of getting RQ.