+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding "Permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the information technologies and visual effects sector"

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Good evening. I am interested in "Permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors " program. I am a software engineer and would clarify some points with people who made use of this program and are willing to help:

1. If you are presently working in Québec as a temporary foreign worker, you must respect the conditions of your stay in Québec: under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) or the International Mobility Program (IMP); - are persons holding Open Work Permit eligible for this program?

2. hold a diploma that minimally corresponds to a Québec diploma - from the text seems that any bachelor's degree is valid, not only in IT sector, right?

3. have held an eligible job: for a period of at least 24 months; - does it include only foreign experience or both foreign and Canadian? Simply looking at the requirements for "Work Experience" section, they ask – for the job title and its associated NOC code; How can I provide it in a reference letter from non-Canadian company?

4. hold or have accepted an eligible job in Québec - do you know if they have any special criteria for it? My employer is a big international company that has an entity in Montreal as well, I work remotely for Montreal's office, is it acceptable?

5. whose hourly wage is equal to the maximum wage for your profession (9th decile of the wage for your profession). - link for NOC 2173– Software engineer and designer* does not work, by any chance does someone remember what ~ wage is?

6. Does an employer have to support an application in any way or do they just need to provide a reference letter?

7. On July 27, 2023, the maximum number of applications to be received was reached for the Information Technologies and Visual Effects sector - any insights or thoughts based on experience when should we expect new quota for it?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: