+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD without having received PR card yet

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
Hi all,

My wife got her eCOPR on January 9th. We have not received her PR card yet. I called IRCC and they do not know why her PR card hasn't been issued and can't give me an answer as to why it is taking so long. My wife is pregnant, and we want to go back to her home country (Pakistan) before she gets too far along in the pregnancy where travel might be an issue.

Should we apply for PRTD?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

My wife got her eCOPR on January 9th. We have not received her PR card yet. I called IRCC and they do not know why her PR card hasn't been issued and can't give me an answer as to why it is taking so long. My wife is pregnant, and we want to go back to her home country (Pakistan) before she gets too far along in the pregnancy where travel might be an issue.

Should we apply for PRTD?
Sure. But wait and do it when she arrives, from abroad. She won't be in a rush, and nothing unusual about this. She doesn't need the PR card / PRTD to travel out of Canada.

ANd perhaps the PR card will arrive in the interim.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
Sure. But wait and do it when she arrives, from abroad. She won't be in a rush, and nothing unusual about this. She doesn't need the PR card / PRTD to travel out of Canada.

ANd perhaps the PR card will arrive in the interim.
She has been in Canada since August 2023 (she was on a visit visa until January 2024 after which she received her PR card)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She has been in Canada since August 2023 (she was on a visit visa until January 2024 after which she received her PR card)
I mean that she should apply for the prtd when she arrives outside of canada. can't apply from within Canada.

My post above was perhaps unclear: "But wait and do it when she arrives [back at country where she intends to give birth], [apply for PRTD] from abroad."

Last edited: