+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funding for the student permit.

Celia Nomzamo

May 6, 2024
Kindly advice:
I was denied a student permit last year due to insufficient funds. Then I luckily got a job as an assistant researcher for the University Professor whom we agreed to pay my salary later in lump sum. He just made a lump sum transfer of 15000 $ to my account which is partly my salary and partly his donation for my studies. I was wondering whether the immigration officers will not have queries with such a transfer, and what exactly should I do to clear their queries.

On another note:
I also have a friend in Canada who has volunteered to offer me the accommodation at her family house which is not far from the University. We were wondering whether her support will also need the attachment of the bank statements since she really doesn’t have enough income.

lastly, another friend has also agreed to commit for a support of 5000$ but she wants to send her bank statements directly to the Canadian officer instead of sending them to me so that I can attach with the rest of the application documents. Does this option exists? (I mean the option of sending the bank statements directly)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Kindly advice:
I was denied a student permit last year due to insufficient funds. Then I luckily got a job as an assistant researcher for the University Professor whom we agreed to pay my salary later in lump sum. He just made a lump sum transfer of 15000 $ to my account which is partly my salary and partly his donation for my studies. I was wondering whether the immigration officers will not have queries with such a transfer, and what exactly should I do to clear their queries.

On another note:
I also have a friend in Canada who has volunteered to offer me the accommodation at her family house which is not far from the University. We were wondering whether her support will also need the attachment of the bank statements since she really doesn’t have enough income.

lastly, another friend has also agreed to commit for a support of 5000$ but she wants to send her bank statements directly to the Canadian officer instead of sending them to me so that I can attach with the rest of the application documents. Does this option exists? (I mean the option of sending the bank statements directly)
So you need to show, if single, $21k and first year tuition. If there is a lump sum transfer, it must be explained where the money came from. For the $5k, friend can set up a gift deed or a Canadian GIC or pay tuition. Accomodations don’t mean anything as it is not funds. You still need to show the money. That friend’s bank statements are not relevant unless she is paying your tuition or setting up a GIC with the other friend.

So do you have enough funds? Is program one year? If not, can you show any funds for year two or how you will support yourself?

Last edited: