+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 Outland spousal applications

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Still quiet? Does your status tracker also say eligibility not started and background in progress?
I see your PA I in the Philippines. On your sponsor approval letter from IRCC, did they send the application to the Manila visa office for "further processing?" They did in our case. I'm asking if we should consider this a prolonging factor compared to an outland application processed at the Sydney VO. Also, I would like to note that our marriage is cross-cultural. My wife is Filippino, but I'm not. We lived as a couple for ten years outside Canada before we decided to move to Canada.

natudi30

Apr 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Regulatory Affairs
Any nov outland applicant received ppr or background check completed? I know a few couple of nov 1st and nov 2nd applicants received ppr.

Waiting for background check to be completed.
My time line -
Submission - Nov 11
VO - Mississauga
Country - Outland, India
Eligibility completed - Feb 20
Pre-arrival - Feb 21
Info sharing - Done
Criminiality and info sharing not started as until April 12

InspectorGrover

Sep 15, 2023
Our tracker just changed to - May 8, 2024 - we are making a final decision on your case.
So I think we are near the finish line - is about two weeks a good guess for how long until we hear?

Timeline for information:
Sponsor: Canadian citizen living in US
PA: US Citizen living in US
Submission: 15 Sept 23
Returned (missing signature): 09 Nov 23
Resubmitted: 09 Nov 23
AOR: 19 Dec 23
Biometrics Submitted: 12 Jan 24
SA: 13 Jan 24
Medical Approval: 30 Jan 24
Pre-arrival letter: 13 Feb 24
Final decision being made: 08 May 24

Reactions: kksb and natudi30

InspectorGrover

Sep 15, 2023
Our tracker just changed to - May 8, 2024 - we are making a final decision on your case.
So I think we are near the finish line - is about two weeks a good guess for how long until we hear?

Timeline for information:
Sponsor: Canadian citizen living in US
PA: US Citizen living in US
Submission: 15 Sept 23
Returned (missing signature): 09 Nov 23
Resubmitted: 09 Nov 23
AOR: 19 Dec 23
Biometrics Submitted: 12 Jan 24
SA: 13 Jan 24
Medical Approval: 30 Jan 24
Pre-arrival letter: 13 Feb 24
Final decision being made: 08 May 24
Update:
Received PPR request 09 May 2024
Since we are in the US, we just have to submit photocopies

Reactions: natudi30

natudi30

Apr 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Regulatory Affairs
Received final decision in gc key today.

Primary office - Missisauga
Submission - Nov 11, 2023
AOR - Dec 21, 2023
BIL request - Jan 11, 2024
MIL request - Jan 13, 2024
MIL updated - Jan 24, 2024
Eligibility check complete - February 20, 2024
Pre-arrival - Feb 21, 2024
Background check - In progress
Final decision - May 14, 2024

mullo

Jan 4, 2024
App Submitted: Nov 8, 2023
Sponsor: Canada PR
PA: UK
AOR: Dec 18, 2023
BIL: Jan 8, 2024
Bio Metric Completed on: Jan 17, 2024
Medical Request: Jan 10, 2024
Medical Completed on: Jan 27, 2024
Pre arrival: Feb 13, 2024
Final Decision update: May 10, 2024
Background check complete: May 10, 2024 (updated in tracker, not gckey)
PPR: May 13, 2024
Update PA address: May 13, 2024 (Submitted to VO London UK)
Waiting for Virtual landing instruction

ritt88

Nov 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this again from another thread since we applied in November 2023.

So we applied for Spousal Outland Sponsorship in November 2023. We then received the AOR in December 2023, a month and a half after we applied. Since then there has been no movement on the application at all. We even ordered GCMS notes in April, and found out that my eligibility as a sponsor has not started yet. Since then we have made multiple calls to IRCC to ask for an update. They have said there is no update, and the same that sponsor eligibility has not started yet so nothing has been done for the primary applicant. They said the average processing time is 13 months and they are within the timeline. They also said that since the application has not been refused or returned so there is no need to worry. My main concern is that if eligibility for the sponsor has not started after 6.5 months what are the chances that anything will change after 13 months. This does not seem normal at all for their processing. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest apart from the patient waiting that we have been doing for so long? I simply fail to understand why are they not even bothered to look at our application after we submitted all the paperwork they asked for..

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated as I do not think anything will change even at the 13 month mark.

Thanks

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this again from another thread since we applied in November 2023.

So we applied for Spousal Outland Sponsorship in November 2023. We then received the AOR in December 2023, a month and a half after we applied. Since then there has been no movement on the application at all. We even ordered GCMS notes in April, and found out that my eligibility as a sponsor has not started yet. Since then we have made multiple calls to IRCC to ask for an update. They have said there is no update, and the same that sponsor eligibility has not started yet so nothing has been done for the primary applicant. They said the average processing time is 13 months and they are within the timeline. They also said that since the application has not been refused or returned so there is no need to worry. My main concern is that if eligibility for the sponsor has not started after 6.5 months what are the chances that anything will change after 13 months. This does not seem normal at all for their processing. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest apart from the patient waiting that we have been doing for so long? I simply fail to understand why are they not even bothered to look at our application after we submitted all the paperwork they asked for..

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated as I do not think anything will change even at the 13 month mark.

Thanks
It wouldn’t hurt to write to your local Member of Parliament office to ask for them to follow up with IRCC on your behalf for an update.