New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
I observed that under EE, any relatives in Canada will not fetch you any points.

I think having a relative was an important point, considering that this entire process is to evaluate how well you would settle in Canada.

What do you guys think? Could there be a future update?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
srbhrn said:
I observed that under EE, any relatives in Canada will not fetch you any points.

I think having a relative was an important point, considering that this entire process is to evaluate how well you would settle in Canada.

What do you guys think? Could there be a future update?
As the whole system has changed and now the points have been published, it's unlikely that there will any further changes. Obviously, they consider relatives in Canada were not that important after all.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
srbhrn said:
I don't think this is a concern of CIC when they design the point system. This is a economic class immigration, not family class. Relatives (in the eyes of CIC) has no effect on your work experiences and professional success.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
but there were crucial 5 points out of 100 for FSW which was also Economic immigration ..

Its not a surprise that relatives have not been considered, but I do think that someone who has a relative already living, has more comfort is settling down ..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It would also seem unlikely that an aging aunt, living in the wilds of PEI is going to be of much comfort to a young man starting his life in downtown Vancouver. Yet, the old points system had no allowance for this, as it was a fixed value.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I was wrong. It is somehow difficult right now to comprehend that there will be TWO steps with different grids of points:
1. for EE (and relatives and Canadian education will not be relevant at that stage)
2. If you get ITA, then you have to choose under what program :FSW/CEC/FST/PN you will apply, and THERE relatives and Canadaian education could bring you points. (if rules for FSW/CEC etc stay the same on Jan 1, 2015)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As the EE is in itself a filter system, are points in FSW going to be used at all?

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
FSW will not be dead.. you have to understand this correctly and I am going to give it a shot to share what I understand..

EE is just a filter system for FSW applicant. First you need to have good CRS score to pass the filter and be elected for ITA.

Once you have the ITA, then your application would still be processed as per FSW (if you are FSW applicant) norms but faster..

That means you would still need to have 67 points or more to clear FSW after you have cleared EE..

THats what I think ..

Also the idea behind this topic was that relatives points are not there for EE, but they would still be as much valuable for FSW..

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
srbhrn said:
FSW will not be dead.. you have to understand this correctly and I am going to give it a shot to share what I understand..

EE is just a filter system for FSW applicant. First you need to have good CRS score to pass the filter and be elected for ITA.

Once you have the ITA, then your application would still be processed as per FSW (if you are FSW applicant) norms but faster..

That means you would still need to have 67 points or more to clear FSW after you have cleared EE..

THats what I think ..

Also the idea behind this topic was that relatives points are not there for EE, but they would still be as much valuable for FSW..
FSW points will be dead. EE points will act as a filter itself. After that, candidates will be specifically given a stream to apply their PR through, CEC or FSWP. Only competition on points is EE itself.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW points will be dead. EE points will act as a filter itself. Only competition on points is EE itself.
Correct
After that, candidates will be specifically given a stream to apply their PR through, CEC or FSWP.
You will need to prove what you claimed at EE point (job offer , LMIA if needed, evidence of working with PGWP, necessary funds if it is FSW/FSTW without job/offer)