+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing to add a siblings name in a previous Visa application form

CADEXPLORER

Jul 19, 2021
Hi my agent mistakenly missed to add one of my sinlings name in family declaration form. I have already got the visa and will i be able to update his name or update in future immigration applications?

will missing a name will be a problem?
Thanks in Advanace

CADEXPLORER

Jul 19, 2021
When you next make an application to IRCC, you need to explain that your sibling's existence was forgotten.
Thanks i will do the same. Actually it was not forgotten. The agent didnt update it. When we signing the documents we found that his name was missing. He said no space in the paper to update. And he got all his datas and we are still not sure he updated or not. He didn't give us the copies of those even.
im worried that will it be a misrepresentation or not

thank you again

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Misrepresentation requires two elements:

1) Incorrectly stating or improperly omitting a fact (aka lying when asked a question)
2) the information improperly provided could have led the visa officer to arrive at a different decision

Your story of you pointing out to the agent that the sibling was missing and the agent saying "too bad" isn't going to solve (1) above. But it may not be a case of (2).

You still need to inform IRCC of this issue when you next apply. If you next apply for something and include a letter of explanation saying "we told our agent to include my sibling but the agent said too bad" and it turns out that the agent actually corrected the file, it won't matter. If the sibling was not included, and you include a letter explaining this, it's also not too much of an issue UNLESS the sibling would somehow render you inadmissible.

Reactions: CADEXPLORER