+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Process Queries

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Just a few queries regarding my medical exam, which is in 2 days, just to be clear of the process.

1. My doctor will upload everything online, and asked me just to bring passport as even the picture will be taken there. Is there any other document requirement?

2. What document do I get from the doctor which has to be uploaded in 'Proof of Medical Exam' portion?

3. I know it's far, but I would rather be prepared right now. Many people post AOR stage say their medicals are shown as pending and not passed. Could someone just elaborate what the process is and how it works and is there anything I can do from now that might speed up the process? (Haven't submitted my application yet)

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Just a few queries regarding my medical exam, which is in 2 days, just to be clear of the process.

1. My doctor will upload everything online, and asked me just to bring passport as even the picture will be taken there. Is there any other document requirement?

2. What document do I get from the doctor which has to be uploaded in 'Proof of Medical Exam' portion?

3. I know it's far, but I would rather be prepared right now. Many people post AOR stage say their medicals are shown as pending and not passed. Could someone just elaborate what the process is and how it works and is there anything I can do from now that might speed up the process? (Haven't submitted my application yet)
1. Just a picture ID (such as passport) is required
2. I received a "e-Medical Health Case Details" form with my photo and UMI (Unique Medical Identifier) on it.
3. There's nothing you can do to speed up the process. CIC works on it's own timeline.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
1. I think different medical facilities have different requirements. For example in Pakistan you are asked to bring

Cash to pay the fee
Your passport
A passport size photo
Proof of polio vaccination

2. During your medical examination you will be given a two page document. A doctor also signs it. It is this document that must be uploaded as part of your E-APR.

3. I'm not sure what you are referring to here

Reactions: salikgilani

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you both for your responses. I am giving the same in the US so I believe I have the answer to 1 from both of you.
For 2 I understand a 2 page document I receive will be updated.

3. Let me further clarify. I was referring to for example response 10 of this thread

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-bg-status-changed-to-not-applicable-need-help.488333/

Just clarify what it means the doctor has still not updated the result ? I am having this well in advance of my submission in order to give him ample time.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Thank you both for your responses. I am giving the same in the US so I believe I have the answer to 1 from both of you.
For 2 I understand a 2 page document I receive will be updated.

3. Let me further clarify. I was referring to for example response 10 of this thread

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-bg-status-changed-to-not-applicable-need-help.488333/

Just clarify what it means the doctor has still not updated the result ? I am having this well in advance of my submission in order to give him ample time.
After you complete your medical, the doctor (actually the nurse or receptionist does the work) will upload it to the e-medical system. It usually takes the clinic/hospital/office a week or two to get it updated. Again though, they move at their own speed and there's nothing you can really do to speed them up. (You could call and harass them to upload it quickly, but sometimes that has the opposite effect.)

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you for those details. Do they require my application number as well? Just want to know how will CIC link the report which the doctor sends with my particular application?

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
So after my medical, my doctor has given me a 'Tracking Sheet' which has a UMI, my passport details, picture and the test taken on it. It does not have any sign of the doctor on it as someone else mentioned. He told me this is the only document that is required by me to upload.

Just confirming if there is any other document too which I needed from him? Do I need to upload the payment receipt etc as well?

Last edited:

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
That is the only medical document you need to upload.

Like I said, procedures can vary from center to center so perhaps they don't sign it at your medical center.
The UMI number is the important thing

So after my medical, my doctor has given me a 'Tracking Sheet' which has a UMI, my passport details, picture and the test taken on it. It does not have any sign of the doctor on it as someone else mentioned. He told me this is the only document that is required by me to upload.

Just confirming if there is any other document too which I needed from him? Do I need to upload the payment receipt etc as well?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is the only medical document you need to upload.

Like I said, procedures can vary from center to center so perhaps they don't sign it at your medical center.
The UMI number is the important thing

Friend: Don't forget to take a copy of the ITA.