+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

candecent2024

Mar 1, 2024
applied on 29th february 2024. AOR 9th march nothing after that. any february applicants with same timeline.

Its been 2 months no change to application after AOR.

i have seen some applicants invitated for oath from january 2024.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
applied on 29th february 2024. AOR 9th march nothing after that. any february applicants with same timeline.

Its been 2 months no change to application after AOR.

i have seen some applicants invitated for oath from january 2024.
I think you are in the wrong thread buddy. Some people here haven't got any updates for WAY more than 2 months, so don't rub it in....

Last edited:

jupi_am98

May 2, 2024
I think your MP office is just telling you whatever IRCC is telling them. Something similar happened to me when IRCC told my MP office that IRCC needs more time to look into my file, when the reality is the GCMS notes showed the tasks either completed or not started. So, how can they know they need more time for something they haven't even started on?

There's no point arguing with your MP's office people, they don't really have any obligations to aggressively push for you. If you got someone in that office who is willing to proactively help you - awesome, but if you don't, that's kind of the expectations.
You are absolutely right and that’s why I didn’t bother to argue…

Do you know by any chance what could take an applicant through a never-ending Security check?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
You are absolutely right and that’s why I didn’t bother to argue…

Do you know by any chance what could take an applicant through a never-ending Security check?
AH! That I have experience with. I think it was around late 2023 I still didn't see any movement with my BG, so I requested GCMS notes and saw CBSA completed their check very early. Then I saw someone saying you can request for CSIS notes to see if the security check actually proceeded. I am not sure if this was totally coincidence or that actually did something, but literally the same day I got my CSIS notes back, BG got cleared. So, if you haven't requested for CSIS notes, try that. It doesn't hurt.

jupi_am98

May 2, 2024
AH! That I have experience with. I think it was around late 2023 I still didn't see any movement with my BG, so I requested GCMS notes and saw CBSA completed their check very early. Then I saw someone saying you can request for CSIS notes to see if the security check actually proceeded. I am not sure if this was totally coincidence or that actually did something, but literally the same day I got my CSIS notes back, BG got cleared. So, if you haven't requested for CSIS notes, try that. It doesn't hurt.
I did ask for CSIS note around February and showed that the security clearance is still under process and nothing moved since then