+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making changes that do not affect CRS to Express Entry profile after you receive ITA

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, I received ITA one month ago for Express Entry - Canadian experience Class. Now I am preparing documents to submit the application and realize that due to my unnecessary answers when created my profile to enter pool, I have to provided extra documents and these documents not even help me gains any point. I wonder if I can change my answer by "modify EE profile" answer before it direct me to "upload document" section.

The problems are: when created profile entering pool before received ITA, I make these stupid, worthless answers answers though they are true.
1. I answered "Yes" for the question "Job offer" although I do not get extra 50 points. This is because I answered "No" when IRCC asked about "LMIA".
2. I answered "Yes" when they asked about relative who is Canadian, my answer was "Uncle/Aunt".
3. I put the 13,000 in the fund support, although this is not needed for CEC because when i left this field blank at the time, there was error notified when I saved my answer. At that time I don't know I can put 0 in it.

And of course these answers would not give me any extra points, but now because of them, I have to submit extra documents: Proof of fund, family member proof, proof of relationship, and job offer.

I tried to modified my profile after received ITA, answer "No" for first 2 questions, and "0" for the fund, then review my "CRS" score, it's still the same, and therefore, I don't need to submit these documents any more. But the problem is, i don't know if i am allowed to do it. As IRCC says, we can only change profile after officially decline "ITA".

Could you please help me with problems, and please advise if I should decline ITA and change profile and wait for another ITA. As people say the draw score might drop next time? Thank you

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, I received ITA one month ago for Express Entry - Canadian experience Class. Now I am preparing documents to submit the application and realize that due to my unnecessary answers when created my profile to enter pool, I have to provided extra documents and these documents not even help me gains any point. I wonder if I can change my answer by "modify EE profile" answer before it direct me to "upload document" section.

The problems are: when created profile entering pool before received ITA, I make these stupid, worthless answers answers though they are true.
1. I answered "Yes" for the question "Job offer" although I do not get extra 50 points. This is because I answered "No" when IRCC asked about "LMIA".
2. I answered "Yes" when they asked about relative who is Canadian, my answer was "Uncle/Aunt".
3. I put the 13,000 in the fund support, although this is not needed for CEC because when i left this field blank at the time, there was error notified when I saved my answer. At that time I don't know I can put 0 in it.

And of course these answers would not give me any extra points, but now because of them, I have to submit extra documents: Proof of fund, family member proof, proof of relationship, and job offer.

I tried to modified my profile after received ITA, answer "No" for first 2 questions, and "0" for the fund, then review my "CRS" score, it's still the same, and therefore, I don't need to submit these documents any more. But the problem is, i don't know if i am allowed to do it. As IRCC says, we can only change profile after officially decline "ITA".

Could you please help me with problems, and please advise if I should decline ITA and change profile and wait for another ITA. As people say the draw score might drop next time? Thank you
For 1 and 3, these are usual mistakes, and you should be able to explain it on a LOE. Even if you put zero on fund support, it will still ask you to upload documentation. You can upload any bank statement you have, or just another LOE explaining CEC program doesn't require proof of funds.

But for 2, if you do have a canadian uncle/aunt, it doesn't matter if it gives you points or not, you still have to declare it because the question was clear, it won't matter if you get another ITA or not. If you deny or omit this information and they find out, it would be grounds for misrepresentation (fraud).

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
For 1 and 3, these are usual mistakes, and you should be able to explain it on a LOE. Even if you put zero on fund support, it will still ask you to upload documentation. You can upload any bank statement you have, or just another LOE explaining CEC program doesn't require proof of funds.

But for 2, if you do have a canadian uncle/aunt, it doesn't matter if it gives you points or not, you still have to declare it because the question was clear, it won't matter if you get another ITA or not. If you deny or omit this information and they find out, it would be grounds for misrepresentation (fraud).
Thanks for you answer. The problem is I couldn't get all the support documents for this Canadian relative thing. My aunt has changed her name from Vietnamese name to Chinese name long time ago. I only have her birth certification for long time ago and it's almost tear and wear. This is the only document that can prove the relationship between her and my father. However, I will still need my father birth certification and translation as well from Vietnam and with the current lockdown in both countries, it's really difficult and hassle. Furthermore, on my aunt's birth certificate, her name was in Vietnamese and there is nothing can prove they are the same person. I am lost, I don't know what to do.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks for you answer. The problem is I couldn't get all the support documents for this Canadian relative thing. My aunt has changed her name from Vietnamese name to Chinese name long time ago. I only have her birth certification for long time ago and it's almost tear and wear. This is the only document that can prove the relationship between her and my father. However, I will still need my father birth certification and translation as well from Vietnam and with the current lockdown in both countries, it's really difficult and hassle. Furthermore, on my aunt's birth certificate, her name was in Vietnamese and there is nothing can prove they are the same person. I am lost, I don't know what to do.
In that case I'd send a LOE explaining all of that, plus whatever documents you can send and explain the ones you couldn't, and explain that you're not claiming any points for it (it only gives you for siblings under CEC).

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
In that case I'd send a LOE explaining all of that, plus whatever documents you can send and explain the ones you couldn't, and explain that you're not claiming any points for it (it only gives you for siblings under CEC).
Agreed, you only get points under this category if your or your wife's siblings are in Canada. I am not sure whether you even need to mention about any other relative if its not your or your wife's siblings. But, if you have already mentioned about your Uncle and Aunt, attach an LOE explaining your situation and also mention that you are not claiming any points.

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, you only get points under this category if your or your wife's siblings are in Canada. I am not sure whether you even need to mention about any other relative if its not your or your wife's siblings. But, if you have already mentioned about your Uncle and Aunt, attach an LOE explaining your situation and also mention that you are not claiming any points.

I just asked this on tweet IRCC and they told my I can remove it, just write the letter explain why put this in the first place.

Original answer like this "2/5 removing them from the application. Note: You can only get points for a sibling who lives in Canada and is 18 years old or older: https://t.co/RTq1VHwVvh You may update your working hours on your eAPR. Please include a letter of explanation to clarify any

3/5 changes you make. You won't need to officially show proof of funds. But since you still need to fill in the field, you should estimate how much money you would have saved if you were to travel to Canada. Find out what to do if you're invited to apply"

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
I just asked this on tweet IRCC and they told my I can remove it, just write the letter explain why put this in the first place.

Original answer like this "2/5 removing them from the application. Note: You can only get points for a sibling who lives in Canada and is 18 years old or older: https://t.co/RTq1VHwVvh You may update your working hours on your eAPR. Please include a letter of explanation to clarify any

3/5 changes you make. You won't need to officially show proof of funds. But since you still need to fill in the field, you should estimate how much money you would have saved if you were to travel to Canada. Find out what to do if you're invited to apply"
Hey, did you end up removing your aunt/uncle from your application? Did that work for you?

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I removed and it work. You just write letter and explain, everything just fine as having it or removing it doesn’t affect CRS score
Hey, did you end up removing your aunt/uncle from your application? Did that work for you?