+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview

D

darumal

Hi,

I am informed to have an landing interview regards to my inland application. In the letter, it says my sponsor has to accompany me during the interview as she will be questioned if it is needed.

I want to know what kind of questions will be asked? There is an age gap between my partner and I so it makes me a little bit nervous. I thought "landing interview" means a final stage to get the PR.

Thanks.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
you've got the PR Visa in your passport, correct?

my understanding is that the landing interview is just confirmational questions of information you put on your application (name, dob, date of marriage... ect) things that are obvious and just to confirm you didn't somehow steal/forge the visa....

we've not been thru it yet, but all indications are that, unless there has been some fraud or something, it is merely a technicality...

D

darumal

no, i haven't the pr visa in my passport. i was told to pay the landing fee of 490 prior to the landing interview & bring along with my passport. i guess the pr visa will be stamped on my passport at that time, i'm not sure.

i learnt from other ppl that it is a factual checking on the basic info that you mentioned. since we have a little bit age gap, it makes me a bit worry the interviewee will suspect our application.

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
in my understanding, you applied Inland, so that's why you don't have a visa in you passport, so you are absolutely OK =)). You did it yey!!! The interview is pretty simple, they will ask you easy questions to confirm you are you (like date/place of birth etc) then they will ask you if you got sick (with something horrible) recently, while your application was going through. This is just to confirm you are fine, so just a technicality. They will also ask you if you comited any crimes while the application was being processed. Don't worry about this interview, it is not the big and unpleasant one that some people have to go through (in case of that kind of interview the don't ask to bring the 490 fee).
So congratulations, it will be all just fine, nothing really intense....
Cheers, Raccoon.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
You will be given a date and time to attend the landing interview.

As an inland applicant, it is really easy and simple (I just went through it).

You go to the office and take a number then give your name. The Immigration officer will call you into an office with your sponsor (who has to attend).

He/she will ask if you have paid the Right of Landing Fee - if you haven't, your sponsor will be taken to pay it then.

They will ask for your passport and the letter you got, and 2 photo's.

They will ask you your eye colour, whether you have ever been refused entry to Canada or asked to leave. They will ask you if you have any dependants other than those listed (if applicable). They will ask you if you have committed any crime or have criminal proceedings pending. They may ask if you are married legally ... they will ask your sponsor if he/she is your sponsor.

You will be shown a sheet of paper that has these questions on, when you answer them they will ask you to initial each place.

Then..... you sign within the green box..... and it's "Welcome to Canada" !!!

Congratulations :)

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Darumal can you tell us how many year age gap between you and Ur wife?

wintercnd

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ SIOUXIE.....have you been through this process?...do you have any idea how long my dependant(husband) will have to wait for his visa in Philippines. just received my confirmation of permanent resident document on Feb.24,2010 and paid everything our right of PR fee. husbands passport in the Philippines has been sent to CIC manila on FEb.25,2010. anybody knows? please help.thanks

CoffeeMate

Mar 7, 2010
darumal said:
Hi,

I am informed to have an landing interview regards to my inland application. In the letter, it says my sponsor has to accompany me during the interview as she will be questioned if it is needed.

I want to know what kind of questions will be asked? There is an age gap between my partner and I so it makes me a little bit nervous. I thought "landing interview" means a final stage to get the PR.

Thanks.
Hi Darumal,

You are in Vancouver right? I landed there on March 3rd. Don't worry, my landed letter stated my sponsor was to attend also and I was so nervous! Found out nothing to be nervous about!

When you go in you will be seated by the # listed on your letter. You will be in a room with people waiting to land. On the chairs, up front will be your COPR doc. They will ask you and everyone else to look it over, make sure the info is correct. Someone will then come around and check your photo to make sure they are the correct size.(make sure they are cut properly, no white piece showing on the sides of the photo) After that, there will be a short overview of what it means to be a PR. You will then be asked to go to another room, they send you in by groups. In that room, you will be called to a window by an IO, who will take your passport, photo, RPRF receipt, ask some questions then have you sign the COPR doc. Here are the questions they ask me and my spouse:

Three questions were asked of me the applicant:

1. Do you have any children in or out of Canada?

2. Have you ever been asked to leave the country?

3. Have you committed any crime?

One question was asked of my spouse, (my letter stated he was to attend the interview) –was he the listed sponsor?

After that, we signed the COPR doc, they said congrats, PR to arrive within 6 weeks.

By the way, my spouse is older than me. Stop worrying!

D

darumal

thanks everyone support and comfort. I feel better and should be confident as long as we have gone through many obstacles.

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a breeze compared to what we all have to go through, the hardest part is over for you YEY!!! Congratulations! and let us know how will it go.
Cheers, Raccoon

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Hi Darumal

could you please tell me how long did it take for the local office to call you for the interview as i had my case approved from Vegarville AB and the file got transferred to the local office. Just wondering how long they will take to call me for the interview

D

darumal

Hi Mazimax,

Varied local office has different waiting time for an interview. I'm in Vancouver and I have been waiting for almost 2 months for the interview.

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Hi Darumal

Thanks for the info
looks like I will have to wait like you as well as mine got transferred to Etobicoke which is no better than any other office

Please let me know when you get yours and what does it say.

Good luck

Thanks
MAx

Disabel

Oct 8, 2010
Hello!

I just got a letter saying that I will be scheduele for an interview; however our case was transfer to an ofice extremely far from my place of residence. What happens if I cant attend the interview? would it be re scheuele? It cost about 2500 to get there, I dont think I will have the money to travel so far. what can I do?

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012