+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Thanks brother, hopefully soon.

Were you ever told at any point that your application is non-routine?
No. They even said to my MP that it is within specified processing time (it was 14 month). I only found out about ICES in one of my GCMS notes as they missed redacting that part.

Reactions: Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
No. They even said to my MP that it is within specified processing time (it was 14 month). I only found out about ICES in one of my GCMS notes as they missed redacting that part.
I see… cuz I contacted my MP once the processing times changed to 8 months, and her reply was basically that IRCC deemed my application non-routine and therefore published processing times don’t apply to my application.

idk if my application is actually non-routine or was it just to shut me up

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I see… cuz I contacted my MP once the processing times changed to 8 months, and her reply was basically that IRCC deemed my application non-routine and therefore published processing times don’t apply to my application.

Frankly speaking, I do not think that involving your MP makes any difference. IRCC just tell them the same status as it is shown in GCMS notes. At least that is what I felt in my case.

Have you ordered your GCMS Notes? Does it give any indication of why your application is taking long?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Frankly speaking, I do not think that involving your MP makes any difference. IRCC just tell them the same status as it is shown in GCMS notes. At least that is what I felt in my case.

Have you ordered your GCMS Notes? Does it give any indication of why your application is taking long?
Yea I agree with you.

yes, the last notes was basically the same with “grant DF” and note #1 being redacted. Other than that everything looked completely normal. Let’s see how long it takes them I can’t do anything but wait.

good luck and congrats again, hopefully you get you’re oath ASAP my friend.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Thanks my friend. I am sure there must be alot, I follow this group on facebook and it is full of all people from even before June 2023. I know it’s easier said then done but be patient as nothing else we can do.

I tried getting my MP involved, sent IRCC webforms and have been ordering GCMS notes every week but nothing worked. They completed it when they received results for ICES.

I hope your application gets completed soon.
another June person got oath today. I am sure you will get good news very soon.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
What a day it has been.... In the morning I saw my LPP complete and during the day received an Oath Invitation email. Scheduled to take an Oath virtually on 16th May.

• Love
Reactions: Ryan4

saam4156

Apr 26, 2024
So I got this today from our local MP

Our office received a response from IRCC regarding your citizenship application. The agent I spoke with advised that the application is in progress at the processing office in Vancouver. The knowledge test has passed and the criminality assessment has passed. The security assessment is currently in progress and the language, residency, and prohibition assessments have not started.

The agent assured our office that nothing further is required at this time and that IRCC will contact you directly once a final decision is made or if they require any additional documentation. Our office will continue to monitor the progress of your application and share any additional updates that we receive.

Sincerely,

Anything I can do here??

Anyway

Jul 1, 2020
if you are doing the online application then just follow each step. If additional info is required it will ask for it in the application.
Put your addresses for the last 5 years in the "addresses" spot provided. Vacations are listed on a separate 'vacations' location on the application.
follow the application step by step and it should be good.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
So I got this today from our local MP

Our office received a response from IRCC regarding your citizenship application. The agent I spoke with advised that the application is in progress at the processing office in Vancouver. The knowledge test has passed and the criminality assessment has passed. The security assessment is currently in progress and the language, residency, and prohibition assessments have not started.

The agent assured our office that nothing further is required at this time and that IRCC will contact you directly once a final decision is made or if they require any additional documentation. Our office will continue to monitor the progress of your application and share any additional updates that we receive.

Sincerely,

Anything I can do here??
Do you mind to share your timeline so may be someone can provide more help? My file is also with the Vancouver Processing Office and it's really not getting anywhere.
Side note, have you applied for GCMS or CSIS notes? If you have, when and what do they say?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016

I must have posted this link like 5 times in the last few days, but there's an actual definition of "non-routine citizenship application": Link.

saam4156

Apr 26, 2024
Do you mind to share your timeline so may be someone can provide more help? My file is also with the Vancouver Processing Office and it's really not getting anywhere.
Side note, have you applied for GCMS or CSIS notes? If you have, when and what do they say?
Type: online
Physical Presence Days: plenty
Application: single
Application sent: May 15th, 2023
AOR: June 9, 2023
Acknowledge test confirmation Jan 04, 2024
Everything else in progress ‍

Dreamer4

Star Member
Mar 19, 2023
Type: online
Physical Presence Days: plenty
Application: single
Application sent: May 15th, 2023
AOR: June 9, 2023
Acknowledge test confirmation Jan 04, 2024
Everything else in progress ‍
since your application was sent in May you should be posting to the May forum instead of the June forum.

Reactions: Jalalcananda