+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job duties only match 50% to CIC NOC, is it enough?

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
Hello folks,

I'm worrying about my duties are not enought to be called "substantial number for main duties" as CIC said to be. It's just match about 50%. It's impossible to convince my employer to make it 80%. However, I'm performing the lead statement tho.

Is there any chance that we can email or call CIC confirming for us if our duties match enough to their requirement?
I'm just being cautious now as so many people said it should be 70-80% match but my job didn't perform that much duties.
I'm thinking about to switch to another employer if this is gonna be a problem.

Thanks guys,
Stay safe !!!

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
It would be useful if you mentioned which NOC / Job duty you're talking about - Some NOC responsibilities are absolutely essential and it is important to look at the "Exclusions" part of your NOC - Ex. I personally know someone who applied at 6221, their job responsibilities matched everything (They were also an assistant team lead) except it was b2c not b2b wholesale and caused their profile to change from 6221 to 6421 (NOC C) - resulting in the rejection.

Reactions: tiago28

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
h
Hello folks,

I'm worrying about my duties are not enought to be called "substantial number for main duties" as CIC said to be. It's just match about 50%. It's impossible to convince my employer to make it 80%. However, I'm performing the lead statement tho.

Is there any chance that we can email or call CIC confirming for us if our duties match enough to their requirement?
I'm just being cautious now as so many people said it should be 70-80% match but my job didn't perform that much duties.
I'm thinking about to switch to another employer if this is gonna be a problem.

Thanks guys,
Stay safe !!!
hey how did it turn out for you? could you provide an update?