+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a trust bank account acceptable to show sufficient funds?

bblm

Jun 22, 2007
My friend from India wishes to study in Canada. I am thinking of helping my friend by setting up a bank account in his name that he will then deposit funds into. The problem is that the bank has stated that he needs to be physically present to sign for the bank account.

The only option is to have a bank account in my name, but in trust to him.

I know that "having a bank account in Canada with sufficient funds in your name" is an option in showing that there is sufficient funds to study in Canada, but I am not sure if a trust account would meet this condition.

Thanks in advance.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
bblm said:
My friend from India wishes to study in Canada. I am thinking of helping my friend by setting up a bank account in his name that he will then deposit funds into. The problem is that the bank has stated that he needs to be physically present to sign for the bank account.

The only option is to have a bank account in my name, but in trust to him.

I know that "having a bank account in Canada with sufficient funds in your name" is an option in showing that there is sufficient funds to study in Canada, but I am not sure if a trust account would meet this condition.

Thanks in advance.
Your friend doesn't need to have a Canadian bank account before applying for a study permit. An Indian bank account will do just fine.