+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC is asking PAL by error! Masters degree

xpascazinha

Mar 2, 2024
Hi, I need urgent help!

Last month I received a withdrawal on my application due to the lack of the Provincial Attestation Letter, that was a mistake since I'll be pursuing a Master in Environment and Geography at the U of Manitoba. I filled out the webform on March 26th asking for reconsideration. On April 5th I received an email saying: "We verified the information you provided regarding your study permit application and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

It's been a while and there are no responses yet, I don't know what else I should do, who to speak with, or how much time I should wait. This is getting on my nerves! I would appreciate any comment or information. I'm applying for Fall entry.

Also, the embassy in Bogota does not give any guidance and the Visa Office is not accepting any inquiries :C

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I need urgent help!

Last month I received a withdrawal on my application due to the lack of the Provincial Attestation Letter, that was a mistake since I'll be pursuing a Master in Environment and Geography at the U of Manitoba. I filled out the webform on March 26th asking for reconsideration. On April 5th I received an email saying: "We verified the information you provided regarding your study permit application and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

It's been a while and there are no responses yet, I don't know what else I should do, who to speak with, or how much time I should wait. This is getting on my nerves! I would appreciate any comment or information. I'm applying for Fall entry.

Also, the embassy in Bogota does not give any guidance and the Visa Office is not accepting any inquiries :C
So your reconsideration request was sent to the office. Nothing you can do as it was only sent to the office around 16 days ago. You have lots of time.

Kniko25

Apr 27, 2024
Today I also received similar letter saying I would need PAL, though I applied for MBA program(UCW).
Don't know what to do, I'm freaking out rn

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Today I also received similar letter saying I would need PAL, though I applied for MBA program(UCW).
Don't know what to do, I'm freaking out rn
Maybe because it is UCW, a private school just for international students. Talk to UCW. Even though UCW says you don’t need PAL, maybe government thinks otherwise.