Inland transferred to local office

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the files always get transferred to the local office or it’s something unusual? My file hasnt been transferred but the possibility might delay the file? Anyone has any insight as to why this happens and if it happens does it delay the case? Thanks again!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the files always get transferred to the local office or it’s something unusual? My file hasnt been transferred but the possibility might delay the file? Anyone has any insight as to why this happens and if it happens does it delay the case? Thanks again!
It's normal. They transfer between offices for internal processing reasons. Some countries they do this for all files, for others a mix (possibly sending some types of files/applicant profiles to field offices). They sometimes transfer to unrelated offices if some over or under-loaded.

Thing I'd note overall: even for those sent to field offices because of some type of profile, it's not the transfer that's the issue, but the application characteristics.

A hypothetical example: if they send all files with divorced applicants to field offices, it's not the fact of it going to the field office that changes anything.