+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
Hi Kaur, my passport has been printed and is now under post-quality checking. Do you have any updates from your end?
Hi, thanks so much for the update. Unfortunately, no update from my side yet. My police verification has already been completed in India, but my status is still showing “Police Verification Report (PVR) is awaited.”

I’m getting really worried because I applied before you and I urgently need to travel on October 3.

Could you please tell me the exact date your police verification was completed and when your status changed from PVR awaited to under process/print initiated? Also, when did it change to passport printed?

It would really help me understand the timeline. Thank you!
 
Hi guys, a quick update: my passport was printed on September 15, 2026, and is now in transit to BLS Brampton. It has been five weeks so far.
Mine is stuck at pvr awaited, I followed up in India , they said it was cleared by local police station but is stuck in SSP office, SSP office staff said they had their system down for three days and then there is some bjp leader movement going on, ssp got busy there , but will clear as soon as they can. I dont know how much of this is true. I also went to open house at CGI today, they noted down my ARN and said they will help if they can but it generally takes two weeks after clear PVR is received so can not guarantee if they can help and told me same thing that your PVR is causing these delays. how long did yours took after PVR awaited to PVR cleared and how many after it. I'd really appreciate if you can please share.
 
Hi Kaur,

It’s sad to hear that. From my experience, PVR processing depends a lot on the local police station. In Kerala, the process was very efficient for me.

I was notified when the PVR request reached the SP office, and my parents contacted them regarding the verification. It was cleared the next day.

For reference, I applied for my passport renewal on August 11, 2026. My PVR request reached my hometown on September 4, 2026, and after the verification was cleared, my passport was printed on September 15, 2026.

Hope your verification gets cleared soon as well.
 
Hi Kaur,

It’s sad to hear that. From my experience, PVR processing depends a lot on the local police station. In Kerala, the process was very efficient for me.

I was notified when the PVR request reached the SP office, and my parents contacted them regarding the verification. It was cleared the next day.

For reference, I applied for my passport renewal on August 11, 2026. My PVR request reached my hometown on September 4, 2026, and after the verification was cleared, my passport was printed on September 15, 2026.

Hope your verification gets cleared soon as well.
thank you, today ssp approved my pvr and submitted it, and it was immediately updated on passport seva, it started showing processing at consulate again this morning and now its showing passport printed and post quality check it will be dispatched. I hope it will be dispatched soon.
 
Hi Kaur,

It’s sad to hear that. From my experience, PVR processing depends a lot on the local police station. In Kerala, the process was very efficient for me.

I was notified when the PVR request reached the SP office, and my parents contacted them regarding the verification. It was cleared the next day.

For reference, I applied for my passport renewal on August 11, 2026. My PVR request reached my hometown on September 4, 2026, and after the verification was cleared, my passport was printed on September 15, 2026.

Hope your verification gets cleared soon as well.
did you receive your passport?
 
Do we still need appointments at BLS Brampton for Passport renewal or is walk in possible? Haven't dealt with BLS recently so not sure how busy it is now a days.

You need an appointment booked on the BLS website for in-person submission — the consulate itself doesn't take walk-ins at all. That said, BLS opens new slots on the last day of each month around 8 AM ET, so check early that morning. I actually made a full step-by-step walkthrough of the whole process (form, documents, booking, fees):
 
Could you please tell me which website you use to check this? I have same timeline, but no police verification yet, and if I track on global passport seva, it says ARN does not exist.

The "ARN does not exist" error usually just means you're checking the wrong tracker — use the BLS tracking page for BLS-stage status and the Passport Seva portal once it's with the mission. Police verification happens in India at the Indian address you gave, and it runs on its own timeline separate from the 20–21 working day processing. I walk through the whole after-submission stage here:
 
Yes — if you're a PR holder, the landing paper/CoPR (showing your immigration category) is mandatory, along with your PR card copy. And you need both a Canadian address proof and an Indian address proof. I made a step-by-step video that goes through the complete 10-document checklist in order so nothing gets missed: