+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5476 for kids under 18 years

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi
I am submitting visit visa application for my Kids. Portal is asking me to upload IMM5476 for use of a representative that is me father. In form I have filled section A and B but in D it needs declaration of my child (signature)
What should I do in this case as my child doesn’t have any signature.

previously I remember it was written than applicants under 18 are not required to sign but this time it’s not written.

many guidance will be highly appreciated

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Physical Signatures are not required in the forms, even for adults, if the application is submitted online. It is mentioned in the forms I guess.

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Physical Signatures are not required in the forms, even for adults, if the application is submitted online. It is mentioned in the forms I guess.
I have found this file through google IMM 5476(11-2021)E. I can’t such wordings on it. May be I am downloading incorrect form.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
I have found this file through google IMM 5476(11-2021)E. I can’t such wordings on it. May be I am downloading incorrect form.
You are applying via GCKey or IRCC portal ? GCKey will give a list of documents to be submitted, The main ones has to be downloaded from the list, filled, validated and submitted. IRCC portal is mostly online.

Last edited:

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
I did a bit of search online. Looks like this form alone has to filled up, saved, printed, signed physically by the representative, scanned and then uploaded. Also the form does not have any validate button to digitally sign and secure it.

Since your children are minors, it is expected that the parent or guardian will sign on their behalf where ever their signature is required. Put a 'For XXXX' and sign as the parent.

Reactions: United1207

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
I did a bit of search online. Looks like this form alone has to filled up, saved, printed, signed physically by the representative, scanned and then uploaded. Also the form does not have any validate button to digitally sign and secure it.

Since your children are minors, it is expected that the parent or guardian will sign on their behalf where ever their signature is required. Put a 'For XXXX' and sign as the parent.
Thank u so much . Yes good advice
Further I am applying through portal

semir4519

Jun 26, 2023
Hello, I'm applying for a visitor visa for my wife and two sons on the IRCC PORTAL. I came across that a 'CONSENT LETTER FOR CHILDREN TRAVELING ABROAD' is required where can I get this letter/form? Can I be their representative? if yes how can I sign on behalf of my young sons?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello, I'm applying for a visitor visa for my wife and two sons on the IRCC PORTAL. I came across that a 'CONSENT LETTER FOR CHILDREN TRAVELING ABROAD' is required where can I get this letter/form? Can I be their representative? if yes how can I sign on behalf of my young sons?
You have to write that letter and have your wife carry it when she travels with kids after you get a visa

semir4519

Jun 26, 2023
1. where can I get this letter/form? CONSENT LETTER FOR CHILDREN TRAVELING ABROAD
2. Can I be their representative?