+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to submit a missing document when the application returned ?

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
Hi all,
I have submitted my spousal sponsorship - PR application last month under "Family Class - Inland". Today I received an email stating that my application returned due to a missing supporting document. My concern is, do I need to re do the whole application again? Or else submitting the missing document with an letter of explanation (and the email attachment I received today) is enough?
When I logged in to the portal it shows the incomplete document which I need to add under supporting documents.

Thanks in advance

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
If the application returned, then you need to start over. If they sent you an email asking for additional documents, then you can just upload the document via webform or follow one of the 3 options they give you to submit said document in their email.

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
If the application returned, then you need to start over. If they sent you an email asking for additional documents, then you can just upload the document via webform or follow one of the 3 options they give you to submit said document in their email.
Thank you for your response.

The letter we received does not list any options on how to submit the missing document.
When you mentioned "webform" did you mean the "PR online portal" by that?

In the letter we received it says that "We are returning your submission". It also mentions "Your submission has been deemed incomplete. Please review the list of incomplete/ missing items identified below".

We have missed submitting only the original document of one of our translated documents.

In the given context do you think that we should start a new application, or add the missing document to the returned application via the web portal.

Thank you.

Justme221

May 15, 2023
Just upload to where it’s not completed and resubmit. You can’t raise webform because you don’t have application number. Login to your pr portal and upload where it’s says incomplete then resubmit. You can check any other files too and see if it’s still intact and resubmit. It happened to me when I didn’t upload my NOA it got returned. I just upload the NOA to where it indicated that is incomplete and I resubmitted the whole application back within 30min of when I got the returned notification. Goodluck

Reactions: Cherrysuibian

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Thank you for your response.

The letter we received does not list any options on how to submit the missing document.
When you mentioned "webform" did you mean the "PR online portal" by that?

In the letter we received it says that "We are returning your submission". It also mentions "Your submission has been deemed incomplete. Please review the list of incomplete/ missing items identified below".

We have missed submitting only the original document of one of our translated documents.

In the given context do you think that we should start a new application, or add the missing document to the returned application via the web portal.

Thank you.
In that case just upload the missing documents and submit it again, no need to start a new application :)

Reactions: Cherrysuibian

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
Just upload to where it’s not completed and resubmit. You can’t raise webform because you don’t have application number. Login to your pr portal and upload where it’s says incomplete then resubmit. You can check any other files too and see if it’s still intact and resubmit. It happened to me when I didn’t upload my NOA it got returned. I just upload the NOA to where it indicated that is incomplete and I resubmitted the whole application back within 30min of when I got the returned notification. Goodluck
Thank you for your quick response. Appreciate it so much. I have uploaded only the missing document requested by them and a letter of explanation, along with the email we received to the PR portal. After I signed the declaration the portal allowed me to re submit the application. Now I am waiting (again) to receive a communication from them such as the AOR.
Thank you!

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
In that case just upload the missing documents and submit it again, no need to start a new application :)
Thank you for your response. Appreciate it so much. Yes, I have uploaded only the missing document requested by them and a letter of explanation, along with the email we received to the PR portal. Hopefully I would be able to hear back from them re. AOR soon.
Thank you!

Reactions: Kananaskis

RevUnq

May 10, 2024
Thank you for your response. Appreciate it so much. Yes, I have uploaded only the missing document requested by them and a letter of explanation, along with the email we received to the PR portal. Hopefully I would be able to hear back from them re. AOR soon.
Thank you!
Hi. Did you get any response on this?

prathams25

May 27, 2024
Thank you!
Hi, any updates on your application since you resubmitted?