+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for work permit with a nomination

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
I am expecting to recieve a nomination from Ontario under the Human capital priority stream. Once after the nomination how can I apply for a work permit ? Can someone please guide me on this.
Thank you

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I have a job offer can I apply for LMIA exempt work permit with a nomination ?
This is not a job offer stream so not tied to nomination. How are you eligible for LMIA exemption? If you have an approved LMIA then you can apply for a closed work permit. Depending on country and processing times may take as long as getting PR.

MCN0206

Feb 6, 2024
This is not a job offer stream so not tied to nomination. How are you eligible for LMIA exemption? If you have an approved LMIA then you can apply for a closed work permit. Depending on country and processing times may take as long as getting PR.
If we received a nomination from a certain province, can we use that to apply for work permit?

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
I received PNP nomination from saskatchewan under student. My pgwp is expiring this year. I am wondering how I can extend or apply for new WP?
I am talking about a closed work permit application, I heard that I can be able to apply for a closed work permit if I have a job offer from Ontario.

Just wanted to know the list of documents for that .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am talking about a closed work permit application, I heard that I can be able to apply for a closed work permit if I have a job offer from Ontario.

Just wanted to know the list of documents for that .
You need an approved LMIA. A job offer is not enough.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
With nomination I heard that I just need an offer from portal ?
But this is through an EE stream (Human Capital) which doesn’t require a job offer. You would be eligible if nominated through a non EE stream that requires a job offer. Faster just to get PR.