+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add details of my child born in Canada in Express Entry profile?

sharathsatheesh

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am an Indian citizen and I have been working in Canada for past three years on closed work permit. My wife is also here on open work permit, and last December we had our first baby who was born in Canada. We have his birth certificate, but he doesn't have a passport yet.
I received the ITA in the September 14th draw under CEC.
The PR application section for my son asks for ID documents - what can I give here ?
Is it OK that he doesn't have a valid passport ? Can I attach copy of the birth certificate?

Then, in his Family details section, a question goes; Please tell us about <son>'s immediate family members that have not been identified in the application. - But all the immediate family members father (myself) and his mother are part of the application. Since we don't have any other kids, there is nobody else to add in this application.

When I answer No to all those questions (Passport, National ID, Family member) and save and exit, the Personal Details section for my son still shows in progress and not as complete. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
I was in a similar situation. When I submitted my CEC application, my son was 15 months old and he didn't have his passport. I used his birth certificate instead. I put the number with the expiry date after 5 years it was issued. I also drafted a letter to explain the situation. His profile was then removed from my application by an officer since he is a Canadian.

I would recommend that you should proceed with your application rather than waiting for your kid's passport. Of course, you should request it at the same time.

Reactions: sharathsatheesh

sharathsatheesh

Feb 22, 2018
I was in a similar situation. When I submitted my CEC application, my son was 15 months old and he didn't have his passport. I used his birth certificate instead. I put the number with the expiry date after 5 years it was issued. I also drafted a letter to explain the situation. His profile was then removed from my application by an officer since he is a Canadian.

I would recommend that you should proceed with your application rather than waiting for your kid's passport. Of course, you should request it at the same time.
Hi, Thanks for letting me know.
So, you added your son as accompanying you, and paid fees including his and later your case officer removed him since he was born in Canada. Is that correct?
May I know if you applied for a non-Canadian passport or Canadian passport for your son? Is it possible to apply for a Canadian passport for my son while I am still not PR/citizen?
Thanks again for sharing your experience.

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Hi, Thanks for letting me know.
So, you added your son as accompanying you, and paid fees including his and later your case officer removed him since he was born in Canada. Is that correct?
May I know if you applied for a non-Canadian passport or Canadian passport for your son? Is it possible to apply for a Canadian passport for my son while I am still not PR/citizen?
Thanks again for sharing your experience.
No, I didn't include him, due to the fact that he is Canadian. Even I didn't, I still needed to declare his information.

When I was applying for his Canadian passport, I was not a PR. It doesn't matter.

Reactions: sharathsatheesh

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Hi there, i am in a similar situation please help. I have got an ITA and I have only 15 days left to submit my application. My daughter was recently born in Canada 4 days ago, I applied for her birth certificate but haven’t got yet since it take 6 weeks. What should I do? I don’t have any document of her except the temporary Health Card given by the hospital when she was born. In the nationality is asks the nationality of the child I haven’t applied for the passport since I don’t have the birth certificate. What should I do? It is asking me to upload the photocopy of her passport.

Please help!!

Apr 7, 2024
Hi there, i am in a similar situation please help. I have got an ITA and I have only 15 days left to submit my application. My daughter was recently born in Canada 4 days ago, I applied for her birth certificate but haven’t got yet since it take 6 weeks. What should I do? I don’t have any document of her except the temporary Health Card given by the hospital when she was born. In the nationality is asks the nationality of the child I haven’t applied for the passport since I don’t have the birth certificate 툰코 . What should I do? It is asking me to upload the photocopy of her passport.

Please help!!
Ensure that the XPath expression you're using is compatible with the XPath version supported by your XPath processor. If you're using an XPath 2 expression but your processor only supports XPath 1.0, you'll encounter errors.