+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help. Need suggestion visitor visa or sowp

dindahelena

Apr 20, 2024
Hi everyone. I’m new in this forum. I need your advise and suggestion towards my case:
My husband just graduated from MBA course and his completion letter has been issued on April 12.
However he is still not applying pgwp because the official transcript will be issued on May 6.

He want me to attend his convocation on May 31.
Actually from the first time my husband applied for his study permit, we planned to go together so I can accompany him during his study. However things didnt turn out right and my sowp visa was rejected 2 times, and he went to canada all alone to get his degree.

Now he already graduated.
My concern is, which one has better chance for me to get approval? Should I apply visitor visa for 2 weeks to attend his convocation, or should I apply sowp again together with his pgwp application once he got his official transcript?

Please it would be really helpful to receive any advice from you.

Thank you so much in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone. I’m new in this forum. I need your advise and suggestion towards my case:
My husband just graduated from MBA course and his completion letter has been issued on April 12.
However he is still not applying pgwp because the official transcript will be issued on May 6.

He want me to attend his convocation on May 31.
Actually from the first time my husband applied for his study permit, we planned to go together so I can accompany him during his study. However things didnt turn out right and my sowp visa was rejected 2 times, and he went to canada all alone to get his degree.

Now he already graduated.
My concern is, which one has better chance for me to get approval? Should I apply visitor visa for 2 weeks to attend his convocation, or should I apply sowp again together with his pgwp application once he got his official transcript?

Please it would be really helpful to receive any advice from you.

Thank you so much in advance.
If planning on staying and working then SOWP. He will need a job with job letter and paystubs. If just visiting then TRV but you will need to address past reasons for refusal. Plus convocation is in a month. Not sure if you will get approval and stamping by then.

Reactions: YVR123