+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
Are there particular reasons why an application should go for SS?

I learnt that working for the military or paramilitary could be one are there other reasons?
Imagine you're an officer whose job is to identify suspicious individuals who could be potential spies. You're handling thousands of cases and working on various cases for years. Over time, you develop certain patterns that lead you to refer cases to SS almost automatically. Factors like significant gaps in history, travel to certain countries, residency in a country known for espionage, profession, and employment at certain companies etc etc etc contribute to this combination of factors.

Olipete

May 6, 2024
Imagine you're an officer whose job is to identify suspicious individuals who could be potential spies. You're handling thousands of cases and working on various cases for years. Over time, you develop certain patterns that lead you to refer cases to SS almost automatically. Factors like significant gaps in history, travel to certain countries, residency in a country known for espionage, profession, and employment at certain companies etc etc etc contribute to this combination of factors.
I get now.
My spouse security still in progress he works with the military maybe I should have just made him spouse unaccompanied to avoid all this delays I don’t know if that would have been the best option.

Olipete

May 6, 2024
Does this due date under admissibility security under the Application security activities in the CBSA mean anything?

I have status updated 2023/10/06
Assigned to RC-6262
Assigned By SW10799

Due date 2024/08/10.

Pls anyone with information should help explain this.

Last edited:

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
It's possible that they are inland and their case was not on SS but on light S, where CSIS is not mentioned, which is why it went through so quickly. Or perhaps their case was different, etc. In general, I haven't seen them, but I would be interested in studying them because I haven't encountered such cases before. :)
One person had comprehensive screening as per GCMS notes and still got cleared in 2 months recently. The other one is screening record check. Record check is short but screening is generally longer. Very few in the screening make it out in short time.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I get now.
My spouse security still in progress he works with the military maybe I should have just made him spouse unaccompanied to avoid all this delays I don’t know if that would have been the best option.
Unaccompanied would not have solved it. I know cases where unaccompanied spouse security is in progress and causing delay anyway.

Does this due date under admissibility security under the Application security activities in the CBSA mean anything?

I have status updated 2023/10/06
Assigned to RC-6262
Assigned By SW10799

Due date 2924/08/10.

Pls anyone with information should help explain this.
This simply means normally processing times don't apply to you. Those are just agent codes that are working on your case. Usually they redact this kind of information.

Olipete

May 6, 2024
Okay
Unaccompanied would not have solved it. I know cases where unaccompanied spouse security is in progress and causing delay anyway.

This simply means normally processing times don't apply to you. Those are just agent codes that are working on your case. Usually they redact this kind of information.
Okay.
Thanks we continue to wait until they are ready to issue PPR.

Our medicals is expiring soon let’s wait and see how it goes.

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Abdul4112

Feb 8, 2021
It's possible that they are inland and their case was not on SS but on light S, where CSIS is not mentioned, which is why it went through so quickly. Or perhaps their case was different, etc. In general, I haven't seen them, but I would be interested in studying them because I haven't encountered such cases before. :)
Mine says C-Check submitted for PA .Is it same as SS

JadeTiger

Jan 10, 2024
Hi everyone!

How do you know the start date of the security screening? Do you see it in a pr tracker or should we order gsmc notes to get this information?

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
Hi everyone!

How do you know the start date of the security screening? Do you see it in a pr tracker or should we order gsmc notes to get this information?
Order the cbsa notes. Or call ircc and ask them that specific question.