+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired California Driver License Exchanged to BC Driving License

tinnguyen0408

Dec 3, 2022
did you successfully exchange to BC driver's license ?
Hi,

So I successfully exchanged my CA driver license for a BC full license.

I went to a CIBC office in Kamloops BC, as a walk-in.

Then I came to the receptionist area and clearly stated that I was here for a DL exchange. The lady gave me a ticket number that would be called later.

Once my number was announced, I walked up to the counter. The officer there took in both my California and New York Driver licenses. She asked me if I had renewed my license since it got expired in 2022. And I said no. Then she went to the back to ask her boss. A couple of minutes later, she showed up again and announced that my US licenses could be exchanged.

Then she walked me over to the eye test ere where I did an eye test (it was just like an eye examination you have when you come to an eyeglass shop).

Once the eye test was done, she and I walked back to her counter where she asked me a couple of questions about traffic rules (the questions were extremely simple so you would be able to nail them). Then once it was all done, I was asked to pay 31 CAD and got my interim driver license. The final step was that she took a picture of me for the purpose of the official license. The official one with my photograph will be mailed to my Canadian mailing address within 60 days.

The process were straightforward, simple and short. You should not have any issues at all. Keep in mind that in BC, your license from a reciprocal country should not expire for more than 3 years within the date you exchange that license for a BC one.

Hop this helps.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

So I successfully exchanged my CA driver license for a BC full license.

I went to a CIBC office in Kamloops BC, as a walk-in.

Then I came to the receptionist area and clearly stated that I was here for a DL exchange. The lady gave me a ticket number that would be called later.

Once my number was announced, I walked up to the counter. The officer there took in both my California and New York Driver licenses. She asked me if I had renewed my license since it got expired in 2022. And I said no. Then she went to the back to ask her boss. A couple of minutes later, she showed up again and announced that my US licenses could be exchanged.

Then she walked me over to the eye test ere where I did an eye test (it was just like an eye examination you have when you come to an eyeglass shop).

Once the eye test was done, she and I walked back to her counter where she asked me a couple of questions about traffic rules (the questions were extremely simple so you would be able to nail them). Then once it was all done, I was asked to pay 31 CAD and got my interim driver license. The final step was that she took a picture of me for the purpose of the official license. The official one with my photograph will be mailed to my Canadian mailing address within 60 days.

The process were straightforward, simple and short. You should not have any issues at all. Keep in mind that in BC, your license from a reciprocal country should not expire for more than 3 years within the date you exchange that license for a BC one.

Hop this helps.
CIBC is a bank. I bet you went to an ICBC office.