+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eligible for fsw and express entry?

Ayeshaazhar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi all

i am writing this query for my husband who is the principal applicant. i highly appreciate any help on this.

we are applying for immigration but just waiting for ECA from WES.

here is my question: is my husband eligible for express entry under fsw based on the credentials below:

ielts score 8: reading 8, speaking 8.5, listening 8.5 and writing 7

education masters: Canadian equivalent.

work experience: 4 years from 2008 to 2012. (not sure if this is eligible to be counted towards our application since it is more than 5 years old).

have brother and mother in Canada. both are Canadians

my own ielts score is 8.5. reading 7.5, speaking, listening and writing is 8.5, 9 and 8.5 respectively

i have Canadian equivalent of bachelors.

none of us has ever worked or studied in Canada. no job offer from any canadian company

are we eligible to apply for express entry? i hope our points are over 67 under fsw?

please help

many thanks

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Ayeshaazhar said:
Hi all

i am writing this query for my husband who is the principal applicant. i highly appreciate any help on this.

we are applying for immigration but just waiting for ECA from WES.

here is my question: is my husband eligible for express entry under fsw based on the credentials below:

ielts score 8: reading 8, speaking 8.5, listening 8.5 and writing 7

education masters: Canadian equivalent.

work experience: 4 years from 2008 to 2012. (not sure if this is eligible to be counted towards our application since it is more than 5 years old).

have brother and mother in Canada. both are Canadians

my own ielts score is 8.5. reading 7.5, speaking, listening and writing is 8.5, 9 and 8.5 respectively

i have Canadian equivalent of bachelors.

none of us has ever worked or studied in Canada. no job offer from any canadian company

are we eligible to apply for express entry? i hope our points are over 67 under fsw?

please help

many thanks
Yes you are.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Ayeshaazhar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
thanks very much for your answer and the link.

shall i start creating the express entry profile now and fill in the rest of details? i know i cannot submit it until i get eca from wes but can i just start the process of inputting other details in the profile?

do we have to pay any fees when we submit the online profile?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Ayeshaazhar said:
thanks very much for your answer and the link.

shall i start creating the express entry profile now and fill in the rest of details? i know i cannot submit it until i get eca from wes but can i just start the process of inputting other details in the profile?

do we have to pay any fees when we submit the online profile?

No fees until you get invitation.

You can start filling out your profile, when it comes to ECA part just say you don't have one. Update number from ERCA once you get it

Ayeshaazhar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Many thanks for your help.

i need one clarification please. husband worked between june 2008 and july 2012 and this is the 4 year experience we are using for our application because this satisfies the requirement of the NOC code.

can we use this experience which is more than 5 years old?

we are applying for EE under FSW. A consultant told me we cant use this experience since its not in the last 5 years.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Ayeshaazhar said:
Many thanks for your help.

i need one clarification please. husband worked between june 2008 and july 2012 and this is the 4 year experience we are using for our application because this satisfies the requirement of the NOC code.

can we use this experience which is more than 5 years old?

we are applying for EE under FSW. A consultant told me we cant use this experience since its not in the last 5 years.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi...
please check again regarding ur concern...I today checked FSW criteria which says "1 year continuous full-time paid experience in primary (NOC code) occupation ' within last ten years....
However as per CIC definition,
Primary occupation is 'an occupation with a valid NOC code,in which you have worked in the last five years,on which the application will be based'
It implies that one need to have worked in the selected NOC occupation at least for sometime as recently as within last five years....it doesn't specify any minimum duration as it is covered in the first condition (one year in last ten years)....
I had the same doubt and checked it out today morning...
Please probe further...
I had seen some other thread on the matter with same view as mine...please check

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last five years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply.

quoted from CIC website...
I understand there's a question which you'll have to answer while creating EE profile which asks 'have you worked in your primary occupation in last five years '
and answer need to be yes ...
i'm also on the verge of breaching my five years time limit and is concerned and checked the same...
but if we know the tough news,we can find the solution sooner..... ...there got to be a way...one easy way is (get an NOC code that fits your spouse's experience post 2012 or,he get into the same job as early as possible...get a valid offer,genuine and start working...
:) that way the issue can be addressed and you can file within couple of months as it won't violate the criteria...
--
if you can get a job here in the chosen occupation after a gap of 5 years,you can get it there as well,if that is the motive behind CIC keeping that as an eligibity criteria..