+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discuss the PEQ Pilot program on AI, IT and visual effects

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
The draft of rules was annonced in Oct. 2020, and can be found in the following link, page 11-13.
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=13&file=2044-F.PDF

For students in Quebec, the requirement is French B2 + DESS/Master/PhD degree + a job in the field of AI, IT or visual effects.
Here I have some questions:

1) For master/PhD, the 1 year working experience is no more necessary, only need to have a job in the above field, am I right?

2) The degrees don't have to be Computer Science or related? I am currently a PhD candidate in mechanical engineering in a Quebec university.

3) Do you have any ideas about the certificate of work contents? I copied the rules as follows:
occuper ou avoir accepté un emploi à temps plein au Québec pour lequel le Comité sectoriel de main-d’œuvre en technologies de l’information et des communications a attesté qu’il est dans le secteur de l’intelligence artificielle et que le profil de compétences du ressortissant étranger lui permet d’en remplir les exigences.

I searched this organization but can't find any useful info to make this certificate.
I will finish my PhD next year and may have a postdoc project related to machine learning, probably under NOC 4012. Is that eligible to this pilot program?

The processing time of Quebec immigration is super long (New PEQ+Federal=3-5 years) and I wish to get PR ASAP. I can pass TEFAQ B2, but not sure about the CLB7 on TEF Canada (for Express Entry purpose).

I need your advices, thanks!!

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
If you wish to obtain your PR ASAP, explore the option of the federal EE after acquiring 1 year of working experience in Canada (including Quebec). You may google search some successful experiences with NOC 4012.

All the best!

Reactions: theodoreyang

WLCa

Jul 26, 2023
The draft of rules was annonced in Oct. 2020, and can be found in the following link, page 11-13.
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=13&file=2044-F.PDF

For students in Quebec, the requirement is French B2 + DESS/Master/PhD degree + a job in the field of AI, IT or visual effects.
Here I have some questions:

1) For master/PhD, the 1 year working experience is no more necessary, only need to have a job in the above field, am I right?

2) The degrees don't have to be Computer Science or related? I am currently a PhD candidate in mechanical engineering in a Quebec university.

3) Do you have any ideas about the certificate of work contents? I copied the rules as follows:
occuper ou avoir accepté un emploi à temps plein au Québec pour lequel le Comité sectoriel de main-d’œuvre en technologies de l’information et des communications a attesté qu’il est dans le secteur de l’intelligence artificielle et que le profil de compétences du ressortissant étranger lui permet d’en remplir les exigences.

I searched this organization but can't find any useful info to make this certificate.
I will finish my PhD next year and may have a postdoc project related to machine learning, probably under NOC 4012. Is that eligible to this pilot program?

The processing time of Quebec immigration is super long (New PEQ+Federal=3-5 years) and I wish to get PR ASAP. I can pass TEFAQ B2, but not sure about the CLB7 on TEF Canada (for Express Entry purpose).

I need your advices, thanks!!

Congrats that you already got the CSQ!
I am in a similar situation as you back then: graduated from a quebec school PhD program, and try to go this stream by an AI offer. Do you mind give some comments on these questions?
1. Do you think a PostDoc position on AI research would work?
2. How do the "AI assessment committees" work? Let say my supervisor send a form to that commitee website? What material do I need, like offer, position responsibility? Do I need a list of my publication?

thanks you in advance!

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
Congrats that you already got the CSQ!
I am in a similar situation as you back then: graduated from a quebec school PhD program, and try to go this stream by an AI offer. Do you mind give some comments on these questions?
1. Do you think a PostDoc position on AI research would work?
2. How do the "AI assessment committees" work? Let say my supervisor send a form to that commitee website? What material do I need, like offer, position responsibility? Do I need a list of my publication?

thanks you in advance!
Thanks!
1. No problem for postdoc and make sure to well describe your job in the evaluation form of Techno-Competences.
2. For my experience, I first filled the evaluation form by myself, then sent a pdf copy to my supervisor for his acceptance or revision. And finally I submitted it on behave of my supervisor. Here is the link: IMMIGRATION IA TECHNOCompétences (technocompetences.qc.ca) . It's just a online form, so I did not provide any other documents. They will send the result to your employer (supervisor) in about 3-4 weeks.

WLCa

Jul 26, 2023
Thanks!
1. No problem for postdoc and make sure to well describe your job in the evaluation form of Techno-Competences.
2. For my experience, I first filled the evaluation form by myself, then sent a pdf copy to my supervisor for his acceptance or revision. And finally I submitted it on behave of my supervisor. Here is the link: IMMIGRATION IA TECHNOCompétences (technocompetences.qc.ca) . It's just a online form, so I did not provide any other documents. They will send the result to your employer (supervisor) in about 3-4 weeks.
thank you! wish you all the best for getting PR!