+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship (under 18)

snippitysnaps

Mar 2, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I need some assistance regarding the rejection email I got for the sponsorship application of my child (a minor, who is below 18 years of age). Below is a snippet of the email:
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

• A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
  • Verify the form version is IMM 1344 06/2019.
Consent and Declaration
  • A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
  • Verify the form version is IMM 5669 11/2018
Here are my concerns:
  1. Checking the forms and its guides again, I think I should have placed my name on the signature fields of those forms (IMM 1344 and Consent and Declaration) instead of my child, am I correct?
  2. It says something about verifying the form versions, I believe I am using the latest one for IMM 1344 (09-2022), is it safe to ignore that part?
  3. I am very confused on Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669), it is saying about a signature, but the web form (online application) has no such fields to put in a signature. The PDF version has one, but I cannot seem to include it on my application as it is not included on the extra forms section where you can add in additional forms. Is it safe to ignore this part, or does it mean something?
  4. Since they have only pointed out the signature problems, is it safe to assume that its the only thing wrong on those forms? I will triple check them before submitting again, but I am afraid if I've missed something again.

Some guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

dhj418

May 6, 2024
I have same problem:
1. Verify the form version is IMM 1344 06/2019 (I'm using the form IMM 1344 (09-2022) E)
2. Please submit a newly completed Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) including all Sponsor Eligibility Assessment questions found on pages 2,3 and 4 bearing original handwritten signature(s). ( Does it mean that I have to print the pdf and handwritten the signatures?)

And also since "the fees for all permanent residence applications increased on April 30th, 2024. As such, we require additional fees if you submit your application after April 30th, 2024." If I submitted my application on April 27, 2024, but it returned my application on May 6th, later I need to re-submit the application. Do I still need to pay the "outstanding balance"?

Thanks