+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit application - applied since more than 2 moths

Oct 20, 2023
Hi All,

I am handling my brother closed work permit file.

He got an LMIA from my employer (Quebec based employer, IT company (SAAS)). I applied for work permit application in May and got refusal saying that I am unable to proof that I am eligible for this job. When I was applying for this application, my brother was in Dubai (UAE). So, in country where applying from, I mentioned Dubai.

I applied again on August 9th 2023 with all the documents and letter from my employer. When I was applying for the second application, my brother was in Dubai (UAE). He stayed there more than 6 months but it was not continuous stay. He did country out for few days then went to Dubai again. However, in the application , country where applying from : I mentioned Dubai (UAE) and From: February 2023 , To: September 2023. It it makes his stay more than 6 months.

I tried to explore on internet about documents check list for work permit application, it says when you stay in a country for more than 6 months, you need police clarification certificate. However, when I was submitting application, I was not asked for it. I made a mistake saying that he stayed in Dubai from Feb 2023 to September 2023. I think I should have mentioned the recent stay which was around 3 months because he did country out.

On August 11th 2023, his medical exam was passed. After that , there is no update on the file.

The employer reached out to Canada Govt asking for the status, they said the file is sitting in India visa office, it may take little longer.

Now my brother came back to India.

Questions:
1. Should I change the country where applying from to India ?
2. If yes, can it be done via web form ?
3. Should I also tell them that his stay in Dubai was not more than 6 months because did did country out ?
4. When I will change the country, will the processed time restart ?

Any help will be really appreciated.