+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application and Sponsorship at the same time. Any Problems or Delays

Hasin2

Sep 10, 2009
I'm about to send in my citizenship application tomorrow and I am also going to be sending in the application for sponsoring my American wife in the next two days. I was wondering if there would be any delay in the process for each issue because of the other. To put it simply, will my sponsorship application effect my Citizenship application or vice verse?

Also, does anyone know the average time for getting your citizenship processed?

Thanks so much!

Hassan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hasin2 said:
I'm about to send in my citizenship application tomorrow and I am also going to be sending in the application for sponsoring my American wife in the next two days. I was wondering if there would be any delay in the process for each issue because of the other. To put it simply, will my sponsorship application effect my Citizenship application or vice verse?

Also, does anyone know the average time for getting your citizenship processed?

Thanks so much!

Hassan
1. No.
2. 14-16 months.

PMM

Hasin2

Sep 10, 2009
Thank you so much for the prompt reply PMM.

Could you also tell me which process would be the best for us so my wife can work in Canada as soon as possible? I heard Inland takes longer and Outland is much faster for the completion of her PR status.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hassan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hasin2 said:
Thank you so much for the prompt reply PMM.

Could you also tell me which process would be the best for us so my wife can work in Canada as soon as possible? I heard Inland takes longer and Outland is much faster for the completion of her PR status.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hassan
1. Inland, minimum of 5/6 months to get Approval in Principal at which time she could apply for an open work permit. (Send the application with the application for PR to Vegreville) She has to be in Canada.
2. Outland, Buffalo is processing spousal application in about 4-9 months, once she receives her Visa from Buffalo and lands, then she can work.

PMM

Hasin2

Sep 10, 2009
PMM, thanks again for the prompt response I can't tell you how much your posts have helped me, not only in this thread but all the other places you reply.

So would it be possible to apply for an outland visa process for my wife even though she is here? She doesn't mind going back when she needs to and will the medical procedure have to be done in America if she chooses the Outland process?

Thank you so much, again.

Hassan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hasin2 said:
PMM, thanks again for the prompt response I can't tell you how much your posts have helped me, not only in this thread but all the other places you reply.

So would it be possible to apply for an outland visa process for my wife even though she is here? She doesn't mind going back when she needs to and will the medical procedure have to be done in America if she chooses the Outland process?

Thank you so much, again.

Hassan
Yes, she completes the forms with her residential address in the US, but her mailing address in Canada.

PMM