+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Visitor Visa for Wife

dewaans

Feb 7, 2007
Dear All,

I am an entrepreneur in Chicago and am about 10 months away from getting my US citizenship. My wife was denied the US visitor visa twice in the last 2 years we have been married.

I plan to rent an apartment in Windsor which is the closest city to Chicago and commute to Chicago (twice a week).

My question is, what is the best way to approach the Canadian embassy? Should I tell them the facts as I told you, or should I have my wife apply on her own, as a single person? I have a family friend in Canada who is willing to write a letter of invitation.
The problem is that I don't want her visa to be denied as she might be considered of 'marriageable' age and the Canadian consular might think that she is a possible emigrant.

I hate to say anything but the whole truth but after telling the US embassy the truth I am not sure if honesty is the best policy.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

AD

eria

Jan 22, 2007
The same problem faced by one of my friends in london when his wife denied access to meet with him . then she applied for her own visa instead of spouse and got it with no problem.