+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Mahesh1982

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Leave this information here for me and for others
So I phoned today 3 times, 200+ line up each time, spent one hour for each phone call

1st, 8.30 AM when they open: system down cant help ya, cant check the application status for you

2nd, 11:41 AM: cant check the application status for you, lemme transfer you to another agent to help you, waited over 30 mins then I hung up > basically the same experience as smithy2024

3rd, 13:07: very nice lady and very experienced, answered me a lot of questions including why the 2nd guy cant help me.
So basically the reason is the agent was not trained for this type of application (my reference number begins with 3000, and I applied for new passport. I assume the reference number for all new passport applications begins with 3000), so the agent doesn't have required software/tools to check your applications (imagine you waited for hours only to get connected to an agent that was not qualified to help you because they are not trained for this type of application and you have to hang up then back to the line:rolleyes:)
Hi… did you get an update. My daughter receipt number starts with 3000 and agents on call are not able to pull up the application. I applied in April 22.

Mammamia

May 3, 2024
Any idea what is going on with 3000 files? Our anticipated mail out date is May 03 - no updates on tracker. Applied in person at Service Canada Kitchener (20 days processing)

Last edited:

Mahesh1982

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Any idea what is going on with 3000 files? Our anticipated mail out date is May 03 - no updates on tracker. Applied in person at Service Canada Kitchener (20 days processing)
Hello Folks, any update on 3000 series files?? I am planning for trip to India in sept and delay in passport will delay OCI also. Please let me know if anyone got approved there 3000 series passport application file number and what was the timeline???

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Any recommendations for who to use as a guarantor? I'm quite confused. Also, has anyone successfully used non-Canadian references? I want to ask friends in the US.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Any recommendations for who to use as a guarantor? I'm quite confused. Also, has anyone successfully used non-Canadian references? I want to ask friends in the US.
Guarantor - Any Canadian citizen who knows Abt you for atleast 2 years. Your manager, teammate, neighbor, friend etc.

Just make sure your reference are available to pick the call if Passport Canada decides to contact them.

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi everybody, I just picked up my passport and wanted to share my timeline:

Applied in person: March 15, 2024
Office: Passport Canada, Downtown Montreal (Complexe Guy-Favreau)
Service: Regular, 10 business day
Scheduled pick up date: April 2, 2024
Application status changed to Approved - March 20, 2024
Actual pick up date: March 28, 2024

To apply I just walked-in and waited in line for 1h45 mins (exactly the time that was listed on the website as current waiting time).

So, I went to the Passport Canada office today, which is only 1 business day before the scheduled pick up date, to just try my luck (I will probably use the passport during this long weekend) and got the passport without any issues/questions. Don't know when exactly was it printed though (Date of issue in the passport states March 19). The line for pick up was quite long, but quick (20-25 minutes, I guess). That's probably because people are trying to receive their passports before the long weekend, because the first I was there, there were no people in the pick up line at all. And the officer who was taking care of my application told me there was no wait for pick up usually.
Hi Thanks for the detailed post, can you please tell
1. At what time you arrive for walkin? Since it was 1h45min waiting, does it makes sense to arrive there 1-2 hours early?
2. Did you apply for express service?
3. Did anyone got his application rejected that day (due to missing or invalid documents)? If yes do you know the reasons they were sent back

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Anybody recently been to Vancouver Sinclair or Richmond passport offices? What is the wait time like?

Richmond one is showing 1 hour 15 min for this morning and same with the Vancouver ones.

Reactions: CanMon

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
[Application Number]

Hi everyone, I applied my passport at 74 Victoria St location on Tue (07 MAY). At the time I came up with the clerk was time closed to their closing time, so he passed me a green receipt and with no Ref. number. The fee has been charged on Wed. I am trying to look for my Ref. number on their website but still not yet received the email. Anyone has the same situation could you please share your experience and tricks on how I can get the Ref. No?
Or should I wait after 4 biz days after submitting to get that number from Passport Canada? Thank you in advance!