+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

28-day mail-in TRV to Canadian consulate in NYC since Mar 25

bombcfc

Apr 21, 2011
Hi all,

I'm a grad student with F-1 status in Florida for 3 years. My applications was delivered to Consulate in NYC on Friday March 25. I applied for multiple entry of visitor visa. The normal processing time in NYC is 7 days but now it's completely 4 weeks. I have no idea what take them so long coz I provide all of required papers like I-20, US visa, I-94, student status certificate, current enrollment, unofficial transcript, financial statement, air ticket and hotel bookings. I'm about to drive to Canada next week. I'm so anxious and worry that I can't get it back in time because the office is closed this Friday. I e-mail the consulate last week. And I got replied as shown below. Please feel free to suggest me how should I proceed? Can I request to expedite? :'( ??? :'(

Dear Mr.XXX with file# V300224XXX,

This is in response to your e-mail. We understand your concerns. However, your application is still in process with an officer. No further action is required by you at this time. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Thank you,
Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General

gwy

Apr 25, 2011
Have you received your passport or any updated information? I mailed my application on 23/03/2011 and still got nothing right now

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
Hi bombcfc,

Any luck with ur TRV application? I had sent my application to Buffalo on the 17th March(41 days as of today) and havent received anything.

SMUPK1

May 30, 2010
Hi,

I send my passport at 7th of march and not received any thing yet, and when i contact with them they said my passport mail out from their office on 30th march, whats going on i dont know,

Rahu

Apr 29, 2011
They don't handle mail in cases urgently because there are always so many people coming for walk-in visa applications, I did a walk-in at the Detroit consulate April 28th, 2011 and saw approximately 40 people coming in for just one day. I saw forms packed in one corner for people like you (mail in applicants)

rdelhi

May 1, 2011
Hi SMUPK1, have you recieved your passports yet? Did they provide you any tracking number to track your passport?
I sent my passport on 21 March and haven't got anyting back yet.