26 days since applying, normal processing time 7 days

T0RR0

Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied (by mail) for a temporary resident visa at the Detroit Consulate. It has been 26 days already, and normal processing time is 7 days. I have been informed that there is a delay in processing, something about system update.

My question is: is this within the normal "delayed" processing time? Or 26 days is too long even if accounting for this delay?

My other concern is that I am attending my sister's graduation ceremony in the USA in mid May (hence I need the Canadian visa ASAP to be able to enter Canada upon my return), and even though that is a very important event for me, I doubt it falls withing the "emergency" category for expedited processing, and don't want to make a fool out of me by replying to the consulate with "EMERGENCY" note in my subject line.

Please advise.

gwy

Apr 25, 2011
Relax,36 days since I have applied to my vistor visa at NY and today I still get an email saying my file has not been finalized. I am furious :mad:

Rahu

Apr 29, 2011
I was at the Detroit consulate on the 26th and 28th of April, 2011 for a walk in Visa. From the number of people I saw there on both days I can understand why they don't handle mail in applications. On the 28th there were about 40 people I counted who came in between 8:00am and 11:00 am to apply for a visa, while collecting my visa I saw a lot of application forms on the table, probably up to a 100 for people that mailed in their application.